HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
JAY
Jobber
JAY

XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Huh wrote:
^ what man. I have torrey smith, not you

lmfao ROFL!

You do realize I'm not even in the XWA Fantasy League this year right? lol was netless and missed sign up... so no, we both have him.
Back to top Go down
http://s13.zifboards.com/hswefed/index.php?act=idx
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:55 pm

Dead wrote:
>Offensive line fails
ITS ALL FLACCO

You're the one that thinks Flacco should be elite because the TEAM won a super bowl. I'm only making fun of your inability to not be bias toward Flacco.

Dead wrote:
>Running backs arent getting open lanes
ALL FLACCO

You're the one that thinks Flacco should be elite because the TEAM won a super bowl. I'm only making fun of your inability to not be bias toward Flacco.

Dead wrote:
>Defense isnt stopping the opposing offense
ALL FLACCO

Dead wrote:
What happens when the defense of the Broncos and the Patriots have a bad game. You dont make it out to be all Manning or Brady's fault do you? No, they get a free pass because they arent allowed to have bad games. Ever.

I never ever ever give anyone a pass. I watch the game and come to a logical conclusion based on what happened. For example, Brady played like shit last week.

Dead wrote:
The joke here is, you nitpick and you choose to only pay attention to ONE FUCKING SEASON when the ENTIRE TEAM played like shit.

That's not actually true. Statistically speaking, over the course of his career Joe Flacco has been a below average quarterback in every metric and adjusted measure aside from interception percentage index, suggesting he does what a good game manager should -- Protect the ball. All other measures have him at below average.

Dead wrote:
Flacco was consistent from 2008-2012.

Again, not true. Joe Flacco is a little below average in 2008. Slightly above average in 2009. Has a wonderful 2010 season. Bombs in 2011. (Coincidence? His role increases and his pass total increases by 50, YPA goes down dramatically.) Has a slightly above average 2012. (Coincidence? His role decreases as his pass attempts go down as his YPA shoots back up.) and bombed last year. So, in total, he's been slightly above average (Or somewhere between 13th and 20th) in the NFL for three years, bottom 10 in the league 2 years, and posted a top 12 season just once, all the way back in 2010.

So, no he's not consistent, and over the course of his career, his numbers average out to below average in every area, except in interception percentage index. Again, great game manager. Something you wouldn't say about an "elite" Quarterback.

Dead wrote:
Never missed a start . made the playoffs five straight years. WHO ELSE WORTH TALKING ABOUT CAN SAY THAT?

Not missing a start is an under-rated positive of Flacco... but the playoffs thing... I mean, fuck, isn't Andy Dalton coming up on that? Isn't Colin Kaepernick coming up on that? Haven't gotten it yet because they're not as old, but they'll get there. Are those "elite" Quarterbacks? Teams win games, not Quarterbacks. lol

Dead wrote:
People said the Ravens made a mistake on passing on Matt Ryan for Flacco, and Ryan's only won ONE playoff game in his entire career, and he's had the weapons needed to get him to the next level but hasnt. Thats all i heard in 2008 when it came time for the draft. RAVENS ARE MAKING A MISTAKE BY NOT TRADING UP TO GET MATT RYAN WHAT ARE THEY DOING.

Matt Ryan's career metrics are all above average and has posted three seasons better than Flacco's best. In no season was Matt Ryan's A/G lower than Flacco, suggesting that Ryan has always played a more integral role in his offense. (Which is something most people can work out for themselves.)

Dead wrote:
Not everybody needs to put up 400 yards and 6 TDs every single game to be worth a damn in the league.

I've never said Flacco isn't worth a damn, but objectively he's just not very good. You massively (And I mean... MASSIVELY) overpaid him but he's not even the worst QB contract in the league because he's a quality starter whereas Alex Smith is fucking awful.

Dead wrote:
Why dont you worry about your own QB, whos done fuck all since he's been in the league.

Stafford's 2011 is better than any Flacco year. He did that when he was 23. Flacco didn't have a net positive year until he was 24. In the last three years, Stafford has been better than Flacco in every measure except interception%, where Stafford still posted an above average score.

Dead wrote:
You can sit there and throw all your little stats and percentages and rates all you want, at the end of the day Flacco has won games. Flacco has won a Super Bowl. Something your precious QB hasnt accomplished and probably wont as long as he's on the Lions.

Listen, I know "stats, percentages, and rates" don't get through to you.

Obviously actual football doesn't get through to you either, because in terms of skill set:

Pocket Awareness
Pocket Mobility
Running Ability
Short and Intermediate Accuracy
Deep Accuracy
Velocity

Are all areas that would, logically, go to Stafford.

Decision making goes to Flacco. Other than that, what does Flacco ACTUALLY DO that's better than Stafford? Be tall? Because it's not anything observable through statistical measures.

----

And here's my thought, if you can know every logical measure says Stafford is better, and know that almost all non-bias people would come to the same conclusion on skill set, you have to believe QBs win games.

And if that's true, they also fucking lose them, and everything that goes right or wrong HAS TO BE JOE FLACCO'S FAULT. HE CAN'T GET CREDIT WHEN YOU WIN BECAUSE HE'S ALIVE AND BREATHING BUT BE OFF THE HOOK WHEN OTHER PLAYERS FUCK UP.

Last edited by EEYEN on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:56 pm

oh oh oh and I forgot to mention: Stafford at 21 was automatically given a more important role in the offense than any coach has ever trusted Joe Flacco with.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:31 am

Joe Flacco is a top 20 QB in the league, a quality starter, and certainly not a bum.

But he's not elite, not better than Stafford or Ryan and has proved he can't handle an offense that's Pass-to-run rather than run-to-pass.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Canada
Show Opener
Doctor Canada

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:06 pm

Bucs
Seahawks
Texans
Packers
Broncos
49ers
Eagles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 8:49 pm

JAY wrote:
Huh wrote:
^ what man. I have torrey smith, not you

lmfao ROFL!

You do realize I'm not even in the XWA Fantasy League this year right? lol was netless and missed sign up... so no, we both have him.

ahhhh that makes more sense Tyler Lawson

thought you had another guy named T Smith Hurler
Back to top Go down
JAY
Jobber
JAY

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Burdur Obama wrote:
Pussied out... switched one of my upset picks from the Chargers to Seahawks. I aint bothered

Gotta trust your instincts man

Granted, my instincts thought Jags were gonna get the upset, they was way off... maybe my instincts meant Browns and said Jags instead Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 9:34 am

Huh with 10-5 record so far this week, waiting for Monday night result now

/thread
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Burdur Obama wrote:
Pussied out... switched one of my upset picks from the Chargers to Seahawks. I aint bothered
I dun goofed.

And that finalizes another very average/bad predicting week for me to start this season. Fail!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
JAY
Jobber
JAY

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:54 am

I do believe I took it this week... I'd like to thank my Rams Big Grin! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 8:54 am

Huh

10-6

Week 2
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Man we pretty much all don't know shit. NAH This has been a weak first 2 weeks. And Huh, you went 9-7 not 10-6. Trynna cheat Shaking Head

Drachen: 8-8
Burdur: 9-7
Red Sox: 6-10
Mack: 9-7
Huh: 9-7
Ian: 8-8
TJ: 6-10
Dead: 6-10
Mexicano: 7-9
JAY: 10-6
Eaglesfan: 8-7
CB: 4-3
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
JAY
Jobber
JAY

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 9:55 pm

ya Huh, in yo face! YO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2   XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

XWA NFL Predictions League: Regular Season Week 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2