HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   Empty
PostSubject: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 11:05 pm

A man was jailed for eight days after posting violent metal lyrics to his Facebook page. 14 News in Evansville, Indiana reports that thirty-one year-old James Evans from Kentucky was jailed for posting lyrics from metal band Exodus' "Class Dismissed," which read as followed:

Student bodies lying dead in the halls, a blood splattered treatise of hate
Class dismissed is my hypothesis, gun fire ends in debate

Muhlenberg County school resource officer Mike Drake told the 14 News that "multiple agencies" received calls about the post, prompting Evans to be arrested for terroristic threats. The arrest warrant reads that Evans was arrested because he "threatened to kill students and or staff at school."

James' sister Ashelynn told the site, "Whenever we found out that he actually got arrested for lyrics, we were all shocked. We couldn't believe that you could do that or get in trouble for that. I don't personally agree with the band or the music but I agree that you should have the choice to listen to it if you want to."

The site adds that Evans was released after eight days. Evans said after being released, "It's nonsense. I feel like my civil rights have been violated. You know first amendment freedom of speech out the window. Even all the guys I was in the cell with they thought it was nonsense themselves. I had several officials tell me it was nonsense that there was no reason why I should have even been here."

Exodus has issued a statement saying, "Exodus does not promote or condone terrorists, threats or bullying." Guitarist Gary Holt added, "James Evans was simply posting lyrics to a band he likes on Facebook, and he was locked up for it. The song 'Class Dismissed (A Hate Primer)' was written as a view through the eyes of a madman and in no way endorses that kind of f--ked up behavior. 

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/music/news/334320/Man-Jailed-For-Posting-Violent-Metal-Lyrics-to-Facebook.htm#BcXI7U48aU5gkV1H.99

Yet if this were a rap song he'd get "likes" and "shares" Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:09 am

WE'RE GETTING ARRESTED FOR FACEBOOK POSTS panic

I can understand maybe if he attempted to promote someone to make actions like that. But he shouldn't be jailed for posting lyrics for a stupid song.

Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:12 am

"Terroristic threats" ok..
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Wow. This is retarded. Shaking Head

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
pegasus187
HOFer
HOFer
pegasus187

PostSubject: Re: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:25 pm

If anything, Bieber lyrics should be grounds for jail
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:12 pm

SO FUCKING METAL
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:43 pm

WTF!
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:06 pm

pegasus187 wrote:

That should be the fucking death penalty Funny
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:37 am

Shouldn't the band be jailed then? Funny

Or more seriously though... not be allowed to use those lyrics considering if someone else repeats them they could (or apparently will) be arrested for it?

Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:39 am

pegasus187 wrote:
Yup, that's actually on the exact same grounds as attempted murder.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook    Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook   Empty

Back to top Go down

Man Jailed For Posting Violent Metal Lyrics to Facebook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1