HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eaglesfan
Jobber
Eaglesfan

Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster Empty
PostSubject: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:52 pm

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams released defensive end Michael Sam on Saturday, the team announced.

Sam's efforts to become the first openly gay player in NFL history came up just short in a competition against undrafted rookie Ethan Westbrooks.

Westbrooks is one of nine defensive linemen to land a roster spot.

Sam officially hit waivers Saturday at 4 p.m. ET when all NFL teams had to trim their rosters down to the league-mandated 53 players. From there, the other 31 teams will have until noon ET on Sunday to put in a claim for Sam. If he goes unclaimed, he will be free to sign with a practice squad.

According to one league source, the Rams would like to bring Sam back to their 10-man practice squad.

The Rams spent a seventh-round draft pick, No. 249 overall, on Sam in May's draft. In arriving in St. Louis, Sam joined a team about two hours from the Missouri campus where he went to school, but also one loaded with defensive line talent. Sam put together a solid preseason performance, coming up with 11 tackles and three sacks. In Thursday night's preseason finale against Miami, Sam finished his preseason work with a team-high six tackles.

After the game, coach Jeff Fisher offered an endorsement of Sam's ability.

"I believe he can play in this league," Fisher said.

Teams can begin signing players waived in the final round of cuts after the waiver period ends Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11431047/michael-sam-cut-st-louis-rams
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:58 pm

And yet someone, somewhere, will make comments about him being gay was the reason why he was cut over being outplayed face palm
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 pm

^ Why did I know you would say EXACTLY that? Funny

Anyway, do you have any evidence that that isn't true? You seem to be so sure it isn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:33 pm

If the Rams didnt want to take a risk on him because of his sexuality, they wouldnt of drafted him nor gave him a chance to compete for a roster spot. Period. Plus if he was an amazing player, he wouldnt of went as late as he did in the draft. Teams didnt draft him because he's gay, they didnt draft him cause they felt he wasnt to their caliber of play.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:59 pm

I think he deserved a roster spot solely by merit of sacking Manziel. Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:03 pm

^^ See? Was that so difficult? I really don't have a stance because I dont pay attention to stats when it comes to sports, so I couldn't say whether or not it's true, but your post makes a lot more sense than just "LOL IDIUTS GONA SAY ITS CUZ HES GAY"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Regardless if that made sense or not, people are going to ignore the play on the field and attack the Rams and the NFL because of a roster move that involved a gay player. It's the world we live in nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:23 pm

It really doesn't surprise me that he got cut, the Rams have a deep D-Lineman group. I hope we pick him up. whistle
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:25 pm

And no one has made that argument, so why even bring it up? Errrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Señor Mexicano wrote:
It really doesn't surprise me that he got cut, the Rams have a deep D-Lineman group. I hope we pick him up. whistle
Yeah That

The Rams are STACKED.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Señor Mexicano wrote:
And no one has made that argument, so why even bring it up? Errrrrrrrr

You not know how the world works? Okay then, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:33 pm

^
Indifferent

This is why people dislike you. Fail!
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:36 pm

And I don't know why Dead is talking junk for, the Ravens could use someone like Sam. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster   Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster Empty

Back to top Go down

Sam doesn't make Rams' 53-man roster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1