HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stephen Hill released by New York Jets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

Stephen Hill released by New York Jets Empty
PostSubject: Stephen Hill released by New York Jets   Stephen Hill released by New York Jets EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:42 pm

The Stephen Hill era is over in New York.

The Jets released the second-round receiver, the team announced Saturday.

The disappointing wideout has been the subject of much trade speculation this preseason. However, after no swap came to fruition, the Jets walked away from the unproductive 6-foot-4 receiver.

Hill had a lot heaped onto his shoulders early in his career and never panned out. The drop-prone pass-catcher was essentially demoted down the stretch in 2013 before landing on injured reserve with a knee injury.

Hill showed zero signs of improvement this preseason. Even with question marks at receiver the Jets determined it was better off without Hill on the roster.

However, Hill's camp thinks the wideout never got a fair shake.

"I'm disappointed in (general manager John) Idzik and Rex (Ryan) with the way the whole thing went down there," Hill's agent, Alan Herman, told USA Today Sports. "Two years in that kind of situation is disheartening.

"He didn't have a chance that first year with that whole Tim Tebow-Mark Sanchez fiasco. ... His second year, Geno Smith was learning how to play quarterback. So they never threw the ball deep because they wanted to simplify things for Geno."

As a selection of the previous regime, Idzik had no attachments to Hill. Still, it's never good for an organization to see second-round picks flushed down the drain.

The Jets also confirmed the release of quarterback Tajh Boyd. The sixth-round pick could be a candidate for the team's practice squad.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hill released by New York Jets   Stephen Hill released by New York Jets EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Was a dumb pick honestly. Great athlete, bad football player / receiver. The amount of easy drops he had.... *cringes*

I feel like they should've given him one last chance but oh well, might as well just move on after making the mistake of drafting him over some of the others they could've taken. Highly doubt he would've turned things around but we'll see if he can do anything elsewhere. Maybe with a solid QB he can do something.

Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hill released by New York Jets   Stephen Hill released by New York Jets EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Meh, I consider this guy a high ceiling guy. Ya'll might regret it. I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Eaglesfan
Jobber
Eaglesfan

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hill released by New York Jets   Stephen Hill released by New York Jets EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Who
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hill released by New York Jets   Stephen Hill released by New York Jets EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Señor Mexicano wrote:
Meh, I consider this guy a high ceiling guy. Ya'll might regret it. I don\'t know
Wtf..? Have you seen him in games? He runs his routes poorly most of the time and off the top of my head there's really not too many guys at the WR position that have the kind of stone hands he has. Funny

On paper he might seem like he could have a high ceiling cause of his size and athletic ability but idk the WR skills just aren't really there. In fairness, the Jets weren't a good situation offensively for him to come into as a rookie. But he'd need to have a top level QB or some really, really good coaching/training to fulfill any potential he seems like he should have.

A team with a good offense definitely should take a chance on him though to be a bottom tier WR on the squad for now just because they can afford to be patient with him and see if he can develop and work on fixing his flaws. I honestly doubt it, though.

Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hill released by New York Jets   Stephen Hill released by New York Jets EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:22 pm

So? There's plenty of WRs that had poor WR skills. The ability is there. He just has to improve.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hill released by New York Jets   Stephen Hill released by New York Jets EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Meh, I don't see him having a high ceiling though but fair enough, I don't disagree with that.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Hill released by New York Jets   Stephen Hill released by New York Jets Empty

Back to top Go down

Stephen Hill released by New York Jets

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1