HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack Empty
PostSubject: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:34 am

Japanese entertainment giant Sony has said its online music and gaming sites came under a cyber attack by a hacker group that also claimed there were explosives on a plane carrying a senior company executive.

The company said a US commercial aircraft carrying the president of Sony Online Entertainment had to be diverted after a warning online about the explosives.

"The PlayStation Network and Sony Entertainment Network have been impacted by an attempt to overwhelm our network with artificially high traffic," the company said on its PlayStation.Blog, adding that "no personal information has been accessed".

A spokeswoman for Sony in Tokyo said a person or group using the Twitter name @LizardSquad had claimed responsibility for the attack.

"Today we planted the ISIS flag on @Sony's servers," @LizardSquad tweeted said with a photo of a man carrying the Islamic State flag.

The feed also contained reference to a bomb on a plane.

Separately, John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment, said on his micro-blog: "Yes. My plane was diverted. Not going to discuss more than that. Justice will find these guys."

The American Airlines plane, bound for San Diego from Dallas, was redirected to Phoenix, according to the company.

More than 150 million accounts were registered with Sony Entertainment Network as of September last year, the company said.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:21 am

So should I change my password?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 1:16 pm

I looked at that Twitter...it's just another nerd who's attacking shit he doesnt like. His last tweet was "PC MASTER RACE"
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Apparently they are also trying to hack Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 1:53 pm

I bet it's Axel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Axel isnt smart enough to hack though. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Axel hired Maestro. nervous
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 6:24 pm

It's Maestro I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
fuse
Middle Carder
fuse

PostSubject: Re: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 7:42 am

No-one ever tried hacking my Atari. 2600 MASTER RACE!!!
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 am

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack   Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony's gaming and music services hit by cyber attack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1