HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Arquette On New WWE Title Design

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

David Arquette On New WWE Title Design Empty
PostSubject: David Arquette On New WWE Title Design   David Arquette On New WWE Title Design EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Actor and former WCW Champion David Arquette took part in an exclusive interview with WWE.com to talk about the new WWE World Heavyweight Championship design, winning the WCW title himself, and much more.

Arquette initially reacted surprised (in character) by the redesign and said the former WCW belt was part of wrestling heritage, including his now infamous title win. You can read a few excerpts below:

David Arquette On New WWE Title Design Replacing The “Big Gold Belt”:

It’s a changing of the times. You always gotta update your bling, obviously. But it’ll come back when WWE relaunches WCW as its own thing, right? Is that the idea?

Alright, I’m gonna call it now. In 10 years, it’ll be like the throwback jerseys that people wear. There’ll be throwback belts comin’ out. It’ll be awesome. They say they’re retiring it, but I have a feeling it’ll come back in the future.

His memories of carrying the WCW title:

Oh man. In all honesty, my memory was that I won the title and they were like, “Here, you’re in charge of it now.” And I was like, “What do you mean? You can’t give this to me. I’m supposed to travel with this and check it?” And they were like, “No, don’t check it. That’s a carry-on, brother.” I asked what would happen if I lose it? And they said, “You can’t lose it. You cannot lose this.”

After I lost it, I had to give it back, obviously. I had it for about two weeks and gave it back, but I was bummed. I at least thought they’d give me one to keep or something! A couple months after, Goldberg sent me one, but it said “Goldberg” on it, so I popped that off and had an “Arquette” plaque made and put it on there.

For more with Arquette and his thoughts on winning the WCW Championship, watching wrestling a kid and more, click here.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/interview-david-arquette-big-gold-belt-26586564
Back to top Go down

David Arquette On New WWE Title Design

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1