HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magic: Think LA will get NFL team in 2 years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Magic: Think LA will get NFL team in 2 years Empty
PostSubject: Magic: Think LA will get NFL team in 2 years   Magic: Think LA will get NFL team in 2 years EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:50 am

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/11346347/magic-johnson-believes-los-angeles-land-nfl-team-next-two-years

Basketball Hall of Famer Magic Johnson says Los Angeles is ready for the return of an NFL team.

And he thinks it will happen soon, according to Yahoo! Sports.

"I think for the first time, I truly believe we're going to get a team. Finally," Johnson said. "Everybody is on board. The city is on board. The business community is on board. The NFL is on board. Finally we have momentum. In the next couple years, at least in the next 24 months, I think one team will be coming. I don't know what team that will be, but I believe in the next two years we'll have a team."

Farmers Field, a proposed $1.5 billion downtown football stadium connected to an expanded Los Angeles Convention Center, is ready for construction. A competing stadium project proposed by real estate magnate Ed Roski in the City of Industry has been ready to push dirt since 2009, with little traction.

Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis and two high-ranking Raiders front-office personnel met with several city officials in July about the potential of moving his team from Oakland to San Antonio, the San Antonio Express-News reported last month. McCombs and Spurs owner Peter Holt also were at the meeting.

Johnson, part of a group that bought the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2012 for $2 billion, said he would welcome a Raiders return to Los Angeles.

"It would be great to have the Raiders back in L.A., I would love for that to happen," Johnson said. "But that's going to be up to Mark and the Raiders and the NFL. But I would love to have the Raiders back in L.A. where they belong.

"We just want a team, we want a team in the worst way."
Back to top Go down

Magic: Think LA will get NFL team in 2 years

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1