HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Selig still says Baltimore is serious candidate for ASG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Selig still says Baltimore is serious candidate for ASG Empty
PostSubject: Selig still says Baltimore is serious candidate for ASG   Selig still says Baltimore is serious candidate for ASG EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 10:17 am

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/orioles-talk/selig-still-says-baltimore-serious-candidate-asg

BALTIMORE –- With his 22-year tenure as baseball commissioner in its final months, Bud Selig is taking a victory lap around the game. Selig planned to visit all 30 ballparks in his final year, and on the eve of the owners meetings that begin here on Wednesday that he hopes will name his successor, Selig wanted to take in a game.

Rain got in the way, and Selig hopes to return to see the Orioles and Yankees on Wednesday.

In late May in Houston, Selig said that Baltimore was “a very, very viable contender” to host the 2016 All-Star Game.

On Tuesday, Selig reiterated those thoughts, but didn’t provide any additional endorsement for the game’s return. In 1993, Oriole Park hosted the All-Star Game, and it was a big success.

“I’ve been a little busy, but before I leave office, I’m going to do a number of All-Star Games, including 2016. That’s as much as I can say, but I really haven’t [focused on it] since I said that, but Baltimore is certainly a prime candidate,” Selig said.

Selig will leave office next January, and he also said that Washngton was “a very viable candidate,” to host a game. He said he would alternate American and National League sites for the All-Star Game.

Minneapolis hosted last month’s game and Cincinnati will host next year’s.
Back to top Go down

Selig still says Baltimore is serious candidate for ASG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1