HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’ Empty
PostSubject: Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’   Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’ EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Frank Lampard has officially signed for New York City FC on a two-year contract, the Major League Soccer franchise have announced.

The 36-year-old left Chelsea at the end of last season after 13 seasons and a club record 211 goals. He signed a one-year contract extension with the Blues in May 2013 after mulling over a move to Los Angeles Galaxy, who he will now play in opposition from next spring.

The midfielder becomes New York City FC’s fourth player and second major summer signing following the arrival of David Villa from Atlético Madrid.

Lampard described the team as “ticking all the boxes” but described Chelsea as “a huge part of my heart”.

He told a media conference in New York: “Why not chose New York City? It’s a very exciting challenge for me in life terms.

“I’ve seen a real long-term plan and I wanted to be part of that. I want to test myself, I want to carry on challenging myself. It was a good time for myself and Chelsea that I moved on.”

Lampard said he had not spoken to his former England team-mate and former LA Galaxy captain David Beckham about MLS.

“I know David pretty well, but we’re not on every-day speaking terms,” Lampard added. “I’ve spoken to him about his experiences in the MLS but the decision was all mine.

“There’s a lot of new challenges here, but I’m coming to a great city and I wanted to show people that I can play good football.”

Asked about his £30m successor Cesc Fábregas, who he has had run-ins with in the past when the Spaniard was an Arsenal player, he said: “Cesc is a world-class player and I wish him nothing but the best because I want the best for Chelsea.”

Lampard is not due to start with New York until the new year and he said he would discuss options with the club this week, one of which appears to be going out on loan to Melbourne City in Australia with whom he has been recently linked.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’   Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’ EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Yawn. Not a big deal. He probably won't even last long. I like how a few teams in the league have taken interest in developing their own talent. Franchises over here can only do to much w/ 3.1million to spend w/ a salary cap on players, so I'm glad some teams have figured it out. Several team have reaped the benefits of it. NYCFC should have one of the best developmental systems once they get started.

And someone should have the balls to ask Lampard about his 9/11 comments. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’   Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’ EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 5:00 pm

"ticked all the boxes"

All the ones with giant pounds signs next them <_<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’   Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’ EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 8:14 pm

He's old tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’   Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’ Empty

Back to top Go down

Frank Lampard signs for New York City after saying club ‘ticked all the boxes’

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1