Is WWE having too many shows to blame?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Is WWE having too many shows to blame? Empty
PostSubject: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:49 am

I've realized that as of late, WWE's has had a lot of awesome storylines, returns, feuds, cards, matches, etc. But yet a lot of people still think it sucks. Do you think this is because of the fact that we have too much WWE? 5 years ago, you'd have to wait an entire week to see wrestlers again. They didn't have every wrestler on every show almost every day, they had people on RAW and people on SD! and you'd have to wait an entire week before you saw them again. Now everyone's being shoved down our throats with WWE's schedule of having a show almost every day. Do you agree?
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:01 am

That could definitely be a part of it, but I just don't like the presentation. It's too squeaky clean. Too professional-looking to be "pro wrestling" if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:23 am

I bet the niggas who are complaining about WWE having too many shows only watch RAW & maybe even Smackdown. Really
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:06 am

WWE needs the brand splitting to make it more interesting again.
Also, both RAW and SD need new intro themes. I miss the "Across the Nation" and "Rise Up" ._.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:51 pm

They need a new campaign, turning TV-PG to TV-14.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:54 pm

the brand split might work again. But they have to put alot of time and effort into it. Not just stuff all the mid carders on one show and the main event guys on another and just focus on the main event show. They have to split the writing team up. I say have Paul Heyman be the head of creative and writing on RAW, While Dutch Matel is head of creative and Writing on Smackdown
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Yeah That 

And Vince Russo can write for Saturday Morning Slam Happy Dance 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Nate wrote:
Or how about no
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm

I wonder how much money is consumed on SMS.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:19 am

Dead wrote:
Nate wrote:
Or how about no
How bout a happy medium?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:55 am

What is the difference between TV-PG and TV-14 in wrestling terms? i-w-k

The girls are still mostly-naked, the edgy characters still swear...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:28 am

^blood and heavy swearing.

TV-PG > blood is either legit from stiff / botched moves;
TV-14 > blading like there's no tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Highly doubt they'll ever go back to TV-14. Their audience target is like 9-year-olds, yet you still have guys like Rock and Brock, and occasionally Cena and some other full-time guys, swearing, so I think that's enough for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:38 pm

I see no reason to bring back blading. As long as they aren't stopping matches to wipe up blood, I have no problem with TV-PG. Language isn't even an issue for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 12:12 am

The swearing today isnt even as excessive as it was back in the Attitude Era so thats why no one really is up in arms about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 12:18 am

Nearphotison wrote:
I see no reason to bring back blading. As long as they aren't stopping matches to wipe up blood, I have no problem with TV-PG. Language isn't even an issue for me.
well I believe blood always has an importance to wrestling. I don't want fucking blood baths every show, but a little blood in high stake matches adds alot to it.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:07 pm

I agree. Not only for the "smarks" but for the more casual fans. Matches look a lot bigger and even better when there's some blood. Not to say every match should have blood though.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 pm

This reminds me of when every week on Impact there would be someone bleeding Funny 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Having blood in a match is fine, but even casual fans are smart enough these days to notice bleeding. The blood has more impact when it comes about the hard way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:20 pm

The reason there's no blood is due to health reasons. The only time someone should bleed is if they're checked out before every show to make sure they dont have anything that can spread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:27 pm

get blood packs then
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 pm

They sugar-coat everything today. "This bad guy just did this thing, and this is why it's bad". That's why it should be a little less PG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:56 am

Bull wrote:
get blood packs then
I'm going to assume this is a joke.

Good joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:19 am

Razor Xtreme wrote:
I've realized that as of late, WWE's has had a lot of awesome storylines, returns, feuds, cards, matches, etc. But yet a lot of people still think it sucks. Do you think this is because of the fact that we have too much WWE? 5 years ago, you'd have to wait an entire week to see wrestlers again. They didn't have every wrestler on every show almost every day, they had people on RAW and people on SD! and you'd have to wait an entire week before you saw them again. Now everyone's being shoved down our throats with WWE's schedule of having a show almost every day. Do you agree?
I remember that. It was very organized and I remember liking Raw better. It's nice having a choice of shows now and seeing your favourite wrestlers here and there.

They should have at least one show less PG than the others. So you can see other sides to a wrestler like back in the old days. They still swear and have attitude. As for the blood. Don't want them to bleed unnecessarily unless for the shock factor, if it fits the storyline/match or if they bleed accidently.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Back then I used to like Smackdown better. Funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is WWE having too many shows to blame?   Is WWE having too many shows to blame? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is WWE having too many shows to blame?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next