HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Letter From The Miz

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Letter From The Miz Empty
PostSubject: Letter From The Miz    Letter From The Miz EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:09 am

As we noted, The Wrestling Observer is reporting the letter read by The Miz on RAW being written by a Johnny Russo was a rib at Vince Russo.

While it can't be proven that there was not some intention of the audience thinking about the former writer — a more logical explanation is Johnny Russo is the name of a current WWE creative writer who likely was the one who helped write that segment and letter for The Miz to read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letter From The Miz    Letter From The Miz EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 4:15 pm

If you're under the age of 25, you dont have a fucking clue who Vince Russo is. Why people thought half the viewing audience would put 2 and 2 together is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Letter From The Miz    Letter From The Miz EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:03 am

Dead wrote:
If you're under the age of 25, you dont have a fucking clue who Vince Russo is. Why people thought half the viewing audience would put 2 and 2 together is hilarious.

I'm 23 and I know exactly who Vince Russo is. Conversely, all of the people I started in fedding with, most of which were younger than me, also know who Vince Russo is. Generalizing just a tad too much there.

Plus, I guarantee you that a sizeable number of people who were going to TNA shows around the time that the "Fire Russo" chants were popping up on a regular basis were around that age.

Also, anybody who has listened to Jim Cornette rant and rave before. He rips Vince Russo a new asshole more frequently than most people buy shoes.

Younger people in a WWE crowd won't likely have a clue who he is, so that much of the statement is totally valid. But people in general? I have to disagree on that one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf

PostSubject: Re: Letter From The Miz    Letter From The Miz EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 2:17 pm

You know who Vince Russo is because you've been on wrestling forums a good while. If you dont look at dirtsheets or pay attention to the names of the agents or the creative team, you dont know who he is.

Point was, today's wrestling audience is kids. They dont know or care who Vince Russo is.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Letter From The Miz    Letter From The Miz EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Fair enough. Unless you're unfortunate enough to watch episodes of Nitro from 2000 on the WWE Network Funny
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Letter From The Miz    Letter From The Miz EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:56 pm

What's wrong with slipping a reference to him in there? From what I understand from this, the name "Russo" couldn't have been mentioned on RAW more than once or twice. You get loads of books, movies, tv shows etc. that have a little nod of the head to something else, and it doesn't have to be understood by everybody. People who get it get to say "ah, I know what they're referring to" and people who don't just ignore it because it's so small it doesn't effect them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter From The Miz    Letter From The Miz Empty

Back to top Go down

Letter From The Miz

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1