HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC Empty
PostSubject: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:50 pm

Multiple sites are reporting that at the TNA tapings tonight there was a Chris Benoit chant during the MVP & Kenny King vs Eric Young & Bobby Roode match.

Brittany vs. Madison Rayne is next. Fans chanted "this match sucks" before it even began.

Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC FJBloTX
Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:11 am

New York crowds are known for being shit. I wouldn't believe that a Chris Benoit chant broke out if it happened anywhere else.

Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:52 am

This is more a reflection on New York fans than it is TNA: it's people trying to get themselves over. If you buy a ticket to a TNA show and go to it, you know what to expect. If you hate it enough to chant crap like that, just don't go ... because anyone stupid enough to go to a TNA show to try to get themselves over is a pretty pitiful excuse of a human being.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 5:20 am

Yeah, I read this last night when it was happening. Sometimes wrestling fans can be the dumbest fucking idiots on the planet. I hope this doesn't become some sort of "comedic" thing that crowds do when they are bored or don't like the match because imagine if media outlets got hold of this?

Just enjoy the show. Doing that to the knockouts was fucking lame.

Thankfully I read that the crowd settled down, eventually, and did normal chants like other human beings that aren't morons...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:11 am

How rude are those fans
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Just read a dude's account from being at the actual show. Apparently this was massively exaggerated - only one guy, according to him, was chanting for Benoit and then he got owned by the rest of the crowd who then drowned it out with a Roode chant. So this won't be a problem for TNA to edit. GLad common sense prevailed in that scenario.

Though they did get dumb with the Knockouts match, according to his account, which still sucks. But this was apparently only one section and then Borash told them to stop being dicks afterwards xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Thing is, this is a ECW type crowd considering they were in the Hammerstein Ballroom, and just like the WWE crowds that Razor whines about when they arent cheering for who he wants them to, they paid their money to do whatever. As long as it wasnt the entire evening, one little chant here and there isnt going to hurt much.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm sure if a Chris Benoit chant broke out throughout any wrestling event at several points, it'd be an issue <_<

Luckily, this wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Saintpat wrote:
This is more a reflection on New York fans than it is TNA: it's people trying to get themselves over. If you buy a ticket to a TNA show and go to it, you know what to expect. If you hate it enough to chant crap like that, just don't go ... because anyone stupid enough to go to a TNA show to try to get themselves over is a pretty pitiful excuse of a human being.

Believe me when I say that TNA haters will go to ANY lengths to let their voice be heard on how they think the product is shitty. I see it on Facebook all the time. It's pretty damn stupid when they say that they hate the product or that they're complete WWE rip-offs with no sense of originality anymore, yet--mind you-- they're commenting on the latest TNA fad or promotional update of some kind.

TNA also has to be aware that not everyone is going to play it professional at LIVE events, ESPECIALLY not in NYC.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 9:30 pm

I told you all New York crowds suck. I aint bothered But nooooo. You people said stupid shit like "They can do whatever they want! Even if it ruins the show!" New York, Chicago, and Philadelphia. All shitty places to go for wrestling.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 pm

^ for main stream wrestling because those are indy Smark cities
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 pm

Did Dead really defend a Chris Benoit chant? This feels like Dante-logic...

Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC FJBloTX
Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:02 am

i'm all for people chanting for whatever they want. But chanting something like a child murder's name is just down right being a total cock sucker.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:16 am

Dead is a moron when it comes to defending wrestling fans. They could chant "WE LOVE 9/11! We support terrorists!" etc. and he'd say "NOOOO THEY CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT AND YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE THEM!" /logic

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:23 am

Batman wrote:
I told you all New York crowds suck. I aint bothered But nooooo. You people said stupid shit like "They can do whatever they want! Even if it ruins the show!" New York, Chicago, and Philadelphia. All shitty places to go for wrestling.
Out of the three you listed the only one I don't really like is New York.

You just don't like those cities because they expect better out of WWE Thirsty Mofos 

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:26 am

No, I don't like those cities because they suck. They're never happy with anything, they spend a lot of money to go to the shows just to ruin them, they're cunts, and those kinds of fans make me not even want to watch wrestling anymore. They're the worst kind of fans.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:32 am

Yeah, but those three cities can also pile up a big amount of people coming to shows/PPVs. The more the people, the more the various chants can get out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 8:20 am

The NYC, so far, have only been utter dicks once and that was to the knockouts match. Other than that, they have meant to be pretty awesome from what I've read.

Chants are chants. You can't stop them, I guess. I think if a match truly is boring as fuck, they should be told. But when the fans do it purely to be dicks, it's like come on, really?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC   Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC Empty

Back to top Go down

Thank god TNA is taped: Awful chant breaks out at Impact taping in NYC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1