HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

‘Predator’ Is Getting the Reboot Treatment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

‘Predator’ Is Getting the Reboot Treatment Empty
PostSubject: ‘Predator’ Is Getting the Reboot Treatment   ‘Predator’ Is Getting the Reboot Treatment EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:03 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3300260/predator-getting-reboot-treatment/

When I saw that Twentieth Century Fox was going to remake Predator steam starting to blow from my ears – that was until I saw who they enlisted for combat.

According to THR, who broke the news, Shane Black, the venerable screenwriter behind Lethal Weapon and writer-director of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Iron Man 3, will write the treatment for the project, then will hand over scripting duties to Fred Dekker, his university chum with whom he wrote 1987’s Monster Squad.

Black, who both starred in and allegedly did some rewrites on the original Predator, will oversee the writing and is also attached to direct.

Predator is the muscle-bound action 1987 movie that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as well as Carl Weathers and Jesse Ventura as commandos being stalked in a jungle by a fearsome alien. John McTiernan directed the film, which was one of the movies that cemented Schwarzenegger’s star power.

My biggest issue is that the first film was powered by the stellar cast and colorful characters, which Rodriguez failed attempted to capture in Predators. FOX’s Predator 2 was a surprisingly good sequel, which still stands the yes of time, while both Alien vs Predator films are trash. While I’m still skeptical, Shane Black is seriously one of the best writers in the biz, and this is beyond exciting. I say give this one a pass and let’s see what happens…

John Davis, who produced the original with Joel Silver and Lawrence Gordon, is producing the reboot.
Back to top Go down

‘Predator’ Is Getting the Reboot Treatment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1