HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon   CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Sports Illustrated has posted a new CM Punk interview feature on a number of topics, including his match with Brock Lesnar this Sunday at WWE SummerSlam, not being in the main event at WrestleMania last year, voicing his concerns to Vince McMahon, and more.

On his match with Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam:

"I think we’re doing what we’re supposed to be doing. We’re selling tickets and we’re selling pay-per views. I think behind the scenes a lot of people want to see this match and I’m excited for it. It’s not every day you get to wrestle somebody that can push you and make you better. I think there’s a lot of eyes on us that normally wouldn’t be because people want to see what I can do. It’s an interesting dynamic."

On not main eventing WrestleMania last year:

"I think everybody is always selling me short and then I always prove them wrong. It keeps me pissed off and that’s where I need to be, I guess. I’m sick and tired of pulling main event matches and not being in the main event at WrestleMania. Eventually it’s just gonna get to the point of, “OK, I deserve to play with this toy, you’re not gonna let me play with it, then I’m gonna find some other toys to play with.” It gets me down when I really think about it and analyze it, but in the end it keeps me sharp and like I said, pissed off. But I don’t think I’m the guy you want pissed off forever."

On if he's voiced his concerns to Vince McMahon:

"Absolutely. All the time. We have conversations about it. Hell, if you're in this business and don't want to be in the main event at WrestleMania you shouldn't be in this business. This past WrestleMania, I proved it to the one person that I needed to prove it to, that I should've been in the main event. I've shattered every negative stereotype people had about me. I proved to the one person that mattered that last year's main event should've been mine and that person is me and I don't give a sh-t about anyone else."
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon   CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:30 pm

He mad

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon   CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:56 pm

He's right, it's sad that he was WWE Champion for a full year, main evented about TWO PPVs, and then his match with Taker wasnt main event, it was in the middle of the damn card. All because they needed to have Rock/Cena 2 for some reason and it was one of the most horrendous matches in Mania history.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon   CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Boohoo. He had a much better match against Taker (Match of the night) than he would have in the main event. He should be satisfied with that.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon   CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:07 pm

He probably would of been facing Taker in the main event though.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon   CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:11 pm

As an enormous Taker fan, I don't like him to be in the main event of WM. It takes away from his "one time a year" thing and seeing as it's a huge thing to have Taker in a match, it makes the world title matches above him on the card look a lot bigger. Plus, this way no one can complain about him "hogging the spotlight" when he's on the lower card. Taker should never be in the main event. And I say that even though him and Jericho are my favorite wrestlers.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon   CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:12 pm

If anyone ever complained about Undertaker hogging the spotlight they're a damn fool. If the storyline works in such a way where it HAS to be the main event (like Taker/HBK 2) then by all means it SHOULD be the main event.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon   CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:15 pm

But he's undefeated. That's a big thing. People should be glad they're getting to see continuous WM Taker matches, seeing his current conditions. His streak is a very exciting WM moment that everyone looks forward to. That's why most say they want to see Taker in the main event spot, especially since he hasn't been in years.

Say, if a Taker vs. Cena match was happening at WM 30, and Brock vs. Rock was also scheduled, there's a very slight chance that Taker/Cena would main-event it.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon   CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:17 pm

I agree Taker COULD be in the main event. But he shouldn't be. He's the spotlight of the show, having a match above his just makes that match seem all the better. People will love Taker's match anyway.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon   CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon Empty

Back to top Go down

CM Punk Talks SummerSlam Match, Not Main Eventing WrestleMania Last Year, Voicing Concerns To Vince McMahon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1