HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The world's largest video game collection sells for $750K at auction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

The world's largest video game collection sells for $750K at auction Empty
PostSubject: The world's largest video game collection sells for $750K at auction   The world's largest video game collection sells for $750K at auction EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:45 am

The world's largest video game collection — a compilation of more than 11,000 games that have been verified by The Guinness Book of World Records — has been sold to a bidder for $750,250 according to GameGavel.

The auction, which began with a starting bid of $1, came to an end on June 15. It had 56 bids in total. In addition to the collection, the winner will also receive a lifetime subscription to Retro Magazine.

"I operated seven independent gaming stores during the nineties and have worked for another chain for the last decade," former owner Michael Thomasson wrote on the collection's page. "I also operated Good Deal Games online since 1998, having thousands of games cross my path. Whenever I purchased a game that did not directly come from the distributor I was able to look through all our inventory and pick out the nicest copy of a game, including grabbing the nicest box and manual.

"Approximately a quarter of the collection is new factory sealed! There are a whopping 2600+ factory shrink-wrapped titles in the collection! Over 8,300 are complete with box and manual."

According to Thomasson, the auction was part of an effort to help immediate and extended family with "needs that need to be addressed." He added that he will continue to "champion" video games by writing, teaching and playing.

"I've sold my collection many times in the past and still managed to capture Guinness' attention, and it is entirely possible that I may again," Thomasson wrote.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

The world's largest video game collection sells for $750K at auction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1