HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

‘Texas Chainsaw 3D’ Sequel Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

‘Texas Chainsaw 3D’ Sequel Update Empty
PostSubject: ‘Texas Chainsaw 3D’ Sequel Update   ‘Texas Chainsaw 3D’ Sequel Update EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 1:47 am

http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives/3297835/texas-chainsaw-3d-sequel-isnt-revving-anytime-soon-exclusive/

The chainsaw has stalled and won’t be revving up anytime soon…

It’s been well over a year since we reported on a sequel to Texas Chainsaw 3D, Millennium Films and Lionsgate’s followup to Tobe Hooper’s 1974 The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

Blood Disgusting reader ‘Kyle K.’ was the most recent reader to ask me about the sequel to the John Luessenhop-directed film, which made $47M worldwide ($34M domestically). I figured we may as well check in with our sources to see if there was any progress. Unfortunately, we have non-news to report. Our sources tell us that the project is surrounded by crickets, most likely because the rights to continue on with the franchise are so incredibly expensive (something that was also relayed to me during the Platinum Dunes years). As of this writing, the project is likely dead.

Still, we have faith that Leatherface and the Sawyer family will once again create havoc across screens everywhere.

Released in theaters on January 4 2013, the sequel followed a young woman who travels to Texas to collect an inheritance; little does she know that an encounter with a chainsaw-wielding killer is part of the reward (and her family). Alexandra Daddario, Tania Raymonde and Scott Eastwood starred.
Back to top Go down

‘Texas Chainsaw 3D’ Sequel Update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1