HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former WWE Hopeful Wins 2.3 million dollar case

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Former WWE Hopeful Wins 2.3 million dollar case  Empty
PostSubject: Former WWE Hopeful Wins 2.3 million dollar case    Former WWE Hopeful Wins 2.3 million dollar case  EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:17 pm

The surreal world of professional wrestling turned real for Devon Nicholson, whose ring moniker was Hannibal, when he contracted Hepatitis C after a match.

On Tuesday, a judge ruled Nicholson should receive $2.3 million in damages and fees from Abdullah the Butcher, his opponent in the 2007 match in Cochrane, Alberta.

Nicholson claimed he had contracted the disease, which attacks the liver, after the match with Abdullah, real name Lawrence Robert Shreve.

The wrestler from Ottawa claimed that Abdullah the Butcher had '€œbladed' during the match. This is when a wrestler tapes a small razor blade to their finger and cuts themselves.

In 2009, Nicholson signed and then lost a three-year contract with WWE, when the Connecticut-based company discovered he had Hepatitis C.

"Mr. Shreve himself has been saying all along that I'm a liar, that he doesn't have Hepatitis C, he didn't cut me, and I believe the judge made it very clear that, yes, he did cut me ... and yes, he does have a history of Hepatitis C," Nicholson said.

Shreve has 30 days to appeal.

In January 2014, Nicholson said an experimental treatment cured him of Hepatitis C. He hopes to get a chance to become a member of the WWE roster once again.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Former WWE Hopeful Wins 2.3 million dollar case  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Hopeful Wins 2.3 million dollar case    Former WWE Hopeful Wins 2.3 million dollar case  EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Already posted this. I don't think this is "WWE" news. Funny
Back to top Go down

Former WWE Hopeful Wins 2.3 million dollar case

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1