HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’ Empty
PostSubject: They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’   They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’ EmptySun May 18, 2014 6:17 pm

A story so obvious even Godzilla himself would scoff (some blue fire).

After opening to $103M internationally — the biggest opening of 2014 so far — and grossing $93M domestic stateside this weekend, it should come as no surprise that Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros.‘ are already developing a sequel to the monster hit Godzilla, Deadline deduces. They allegedly confirmed the news this morning.

It caused chaos here on Bloody Disgusting when Evan shared his mixed thoughts on the Gareth Edwards-directed revamp, and if you follow me on Twitter, you saw me go on a tirade about how disappointed I was – but that doesn’t mean we don’t want to see more of destructions from the “King of the Monsters.”

In all honesty, I’m desperate for them to give it another go as I suspect this was an enormous (pun intended) learning curve for Edwards, who has previously directed the micro-indie Monsters. Now that the writers/producers and director have realized what a modern Godzilla movie will look like, and learned what not to do with the screenplay, I can only expect greatness when Godzilla returns to battle in the near future.

What would I like to see from the sequel? Well, for those of you who saw Godzilla, Edwards makes various references to Steven Spielberg’s work from Jaws to Jurassic Park. And, while everyone points to the obvious character development issues, my biggest complaint is that the actors and chaos never co-exist. If you look at Jurassic Park, for example, the characters are constantly in danger and immersed in battle (from a Tyrannosaurus rex stomping on a Jeep filled with children to a Jeep falling out of a tree. Then you have the T-rex chasing down another Jeep not to mention the magnificent electric fence set piece in which suspense builds as the power to JP is about to be turned back on). Frankly, I want to see the characters in real danger because of Godzilla and his foe(s) – not standing miles and miles away watching from a television set.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3294562/theyre-making-sequel-godzilla-duh/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’   They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’ EmptySun May 18, 2014 7:31 pm

hoping for king ghidorah or MechaGodzilla
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’   They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’ EmptyMon May 19, 2014 5:00 am

Hoping for Blue Oyster Cult.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’   They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’ Empty

Back to top Go down

They’re Making a Sequel to ‘Godzilla’

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1