HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wolfenstein: The New Order second playthrough recommended

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Wolfenstein: The New Order second playthrough recommended Empty
PostSubject: Wolfenstein: The New Order second playthrough recommended   Wolfenstein: The New Order second playthrough recommended EmptySun May 11, 2014 12:34 pm

Wolfenstein: The New Order creative director Jens Matthies has advised fans to play through the game at least twice.

The MachineGames executive said during a Reddit Q&A session that players will have the chance to experience an alternative timeline the second time around.

"This game is exclusive single-player, but we've built in lots of replay value," he said. "Most notably is that the player makes a choice early on the outcome of which opens up an alternate timeline which changes the vibe of the story.

"It's recommended to do a second playthrough and see what would have happened if you chose differently.

"I don't want to give any spoilers, but it changes the vibe of the story to a degree and alters the gameplay somewhat. We think of it as an alternate ending, but instead of it just affecting the final cinematic, it affects the tone of the whole game a little bit."

Matthies went on to say that the game's story campaign is around 20 hours long.

"I think a single playthrough could end up close to 20 hours," he added. "But there's also lots of incentive to make a second playthrough, especially to explore the alternate timeline."

Wolfenstein: The New Order will make its Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC debut on May 20 in Europe and North America.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Wolfenstein: The New Order second playthrough recommended

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1