HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success' Empty
PostSubject: 76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success'   76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success' EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 11:33 am

PHILADELPHIA -- Billions of dollars couldn't completely console Philadelphia 76ers owner Joshua Harris this season.

Being the potential heirs of a franchise that matched an NBA-record losing streak comes with a few hardships not usually found in the luxury suites.

"When we lose, even in New York, kids come up to my family's kids and say, 'Hey, the Sixers lost 26 in a row. How do you like that?'" Harris said. "We don't like that. This is my doorman, he says to me, 'Hey, can't you get those players going?'"

Get the Sixers going? That was never the point this season, not for a franchise that decided spinning its wheels in mediocrity for most of the past decade was never going to win it a championship. The Sixers needed to gut the roster, collect draft picks, build for the future and lose games.

And lose 'em big.

So they did, including the whopping 26-game stretch that helped stick them at 19-63 and solidified a 19.9 percent chance at winning the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft.

Mission accomplished.

"I think the season has been a huge success for us," Harris said Friday.

Give Harris credit for his honesty. The Sixers hold two lottery picks (one via a trade) and never were shy about admitting they had to tank -- make that, rebuild -- this season in order to start their hopeful championship track.

"We don't use that word," Harris said of tanking.

He said losing was tough for everyone in the organization, but this season was never about the final record.

"We don't want to be 41-41. We don't want to be one-and-done," Harris said. "We want this team, this city to be proud of the Sixers. We want to be proud of the Sixers."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10807120/philadelphia-76ers-owner-joshua-harris-terms-19-win-season-success

Wtf..? 
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success'   76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success' EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 4:55 pm

It was a successful season for them but idk about saying that as the owner when your team won less than 20 games. Funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

76ers owner terms 19-win season 'success'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1