HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MLB prospect Choi Ji-man banned for doping

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

MLB prospect Choi Ji-man banned for doping Empty
PostSubject: MLB prospect Choi Ji-man banned for doping   MLB prospect Choi Ji-man banned for doping EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 7:37 pm

eattle Mariners prospect Choi Ji-man has been suspended for 50 games after the first baseman tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, Major League Baseball said on Thursday.

South Korean Choi was on the Mariners' 40-man roster and was hitting .394 with one home run and five RBIs in 10 games for the Mariners' Triple-A affiliate Tacoma this season.

The 22-year-old, who signed with the Mariners in 2009, tested positive for methandienone and his suspension was effective immediately, MLB said.

"I do not know what I could have taken that caused me to test positive," Choi said in a statement. "I have not and never would knowingly use anything illegal to enhance my performance.

"However, I also understand that without an explanation I must serve a suspension and I accept that."

The Mariners said they were "disappointed" with Choi's suspension but supported MLB's efforts to eradicate doping from the game.
Back to top Go down

MLB prospect Choi Ji-man banned for doping Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB prospect Choi Ji-man banned for doping   MLB prospect Choi Ji-man banned for doping EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 8:37 pm

The Seahawks cant use them anymore so now they're gonna start passing them off to the Mariners. After the entire roster gets busted, their MLS team will get the leftovers.
Back to top Go down

MLB prospect Choi Ji-man banned for doping

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1