HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns Empty
PostSubject: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 4:23 am

Although 49er sources are denying it, multiple sources have confirmed that the 49ers almost traded Jim Harbaugh to Cleveland. Some state that Harbaugh had interest in the job, which is consistent with what I've heard about Harbaugh.

I've heard for a few months that Harbaugh doesn't believe paying a QB in today's NFL is the right thing to do - and that long term success is sustainable by switching QBs when their contracts come up as long as you pay the other positions well. His owner in San Fran doesn't agree with this philosophy, and has discussed an extension already with Colin Kaepernick. On top of roster philosophy like that, Cleveland was also willing to pay Harbaugh more than San Fran is. There is a dispute as to what stopped the trade from going down.

Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns FJBloTX
Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:10 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:30 pm

So hes saying if you're constantly switching QBs you'll constantly win? Gee, i wonder what he would of done with Brady or Manning if they were constantly winning for him when their contracts were up.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 10:23 pm

He should go back to college then. Funny
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:15 pm

Yeah That

That doesn't work in the NFL unfortunately. Funny
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:58 am

I agree with him. It's how Seattle and San Fran have been so good. Get QBs on cheap deals and pay everyone else... It works.... If you draft well. If you don't, you get fired. I aint bothered

Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns FJBloTX
Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 2:45 am

Well I don't remember exactly how much they've paid all their QBs over this past decade, but Cleveland has pretty much been using this strategy.

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:44 am

And it hasnt worked out for them, has it lol
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:30 pm

San Fran had a good team before Harbaugh came. Harbaugh drafted Aldon and Kaep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:31 pm

I was talking about Cleveland
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 1:10 pm

I know, I was just making an observation on Ian's comment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns   Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns Empty

Back to top Go down

Jim Harbaugh almost traded to the Cleveland Browns

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1