HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract Empty
PostSubject: Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract   Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Wayne Rooney has signed a new five-and-a-half-year contract with Manchester United worth around £300,000 a week.
Rooney's future had been the source of speculation ever since Chelsea launched a bid to sign the striker last year.

With 18 months left on his previous deal, some of Europe's top clubs began to take an interest in the England striker, but on Friday night he committed his future to United until the end of the 2018-19 season.
After so much talk about the striker leaving Old Trafford, Moyes was ecstatic to keep hold of his star man.

"I am thrilled that we have got Wayne Rooney to stay," the United manager said.
"He has been fantastic. Everyone would want him in their team.
"There were clubs who did want him. There were clubs who would have wanted him (had he not signed a new deal) but there was never going to be a chance he was going to leave Manchester United, certainly not on my watch."

It was thought that Moyes' chequered history with Rooney would hinder the club's chances of renewing the contract of their star striker.
Moyes successfully sued Rooney for claims he made about the Scot in his autobiography in 2006, but the pair have since buried the hatchet.
Productive negotiations started gathering pace at the start of the year and a verbal agreement was reached earlier this week.

On Friday, Rooney finally signed a contract understood to be worth £300,000 a week.
The news is a welcome boost for United fans, who have seen their team slip 11 points off the pace in the hunt for Champions League football.
Moyes started rebuilding his squad in January by signing Juan Mata for a club record £37.1million.

Now with Rooney's future assured, the United boss is looking to add further faces to the ranks.
"Wayne is a great player and hopefully we can keep him at a really high level which he has shown this season," said the Scot, who has been promised funds for at least three major signings this summer.

"Part of the rebuilding (process) is making sure that you keep the players you really want to keep.
"We are looking to bring the best players in the world to the club. I think Wayne Rooney is one of them.
"I will be looking to make more signings in the summer and hopefully add to the quality we already have got."

The striker has scored 11 goals during a season in which he has been hindered by injury.
The England forward has scored 208 goals in 430 appearances for the club and is viewed by many inside the club as the best man to replace the departing Nemanja Vidic as captain come the end of the season.

United fans hold Rooney in high regard despite the fact that he asked to leave the club in 2010 and - according to Alex Ferguson - again last season. Rooney has always denied he submitted a second transfer request.

The Merseysider, who joined United from Everton in 2004, could now spend the rest of his days at Old Trafford and he will also be keen to beat Bobby Charlton's record of 249 goals for the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract   Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:30 pm

I think it's obscene that someone earns 300k a week for kicking a ball around a pitch
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract   Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:45 pm

That's how the system works for some reason. Funny
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract   Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 5:42 am

Yeah, I'm a United fan, and I think it's stupid. £300,000 per week? I'd be alright with £300 per week.

But really, what's the difference between £200,000 and £300,000 per week? Obviously an extra £100,000, but when you're earning that much surely you can't spend it? Let's say Rooney is on £200,000 a week until he retires, and he retires at age 35 in seven years time. He'd have earned £1,400,000 through wages alone, not to mention the obvious sponsorship deals, bonuses etc. Then add in whatever Colleen's earning through...er...whatever it is she actually does, and they're basically set after that. There's no way anybody needs that much money. He's on even more than that!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract   Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 5:54 am

A teacher can teach, what 30 people a week? Rooney can perform for several million. That's why he makes so much money.

Also I think he's over-rated, but what do I know?

Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract FJBloTX
Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract   Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:36 am

Give it like 20 years and they'll be earning a million a week <_<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract   Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract Empty

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney and Manchester United reach agreement on new contract

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1