HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harvest "Awakening"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Harvest "Awakening" Empty
PostSubject: Harvest "Awakening"   Harvest "Awakening" EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:25 pm

Harvest "Awakening" HarvestAwakening_zps1461f511
DUE: Saturday, August 10th at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC -4 Hours)

Last edited by Ian on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harvest "Awakening"   Harvest "Awakening" EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:47 am

XWA cameras cut backstage to a very frustrated looking Christina Clair. As she notices the camera live light come on, she rolls her eyes, using the hand not haphazardly holding a microphone to brush her brown locks from her shoulder.

Christina Clair: *Sigh*, Christina Clair here. I've been looking for this new idiot Harvest for like an hour. But whatever, looks like he hasn't even shown up-

It's at this point than one of the backstage crewman walks into the shot, directly into the shot actually. Not the way someone with experience working around backstage would. The man, a black haired male most likely in his mid twenties looks very pale. He seems to be concentrating just on getting the hell out of the room. Christina scowls, and gives the man a shove as he walks between her and her camera.

Christina: Hey! Just what the hell do you think you are doing? This is live!

The backstage crewman is startled, as if he is just now noticing both Christina and her silent cameraman. He opens his mouth as if to speak, but the words he planned to say seem to die in the back of his throat. Christina huffs and taps her foot impatiently. The man gulps, and manages to get a few words out.

Crewman: You're... looking for him aren't you?

Christina seemed to have an angry retort ready, by her expression, but said expression now changes to one of intrigue and a bit of excitement. This crewman has captured her attention.

Christina Clair: Wait, you mean Harvest? He's here? Yeah, I've spent an hour looking for him! Where the hell is he?

The crewman is slow to respond. He seems to consider making a verbal reply, but instead opts for physical. Lifting one arm he points to Christina's left, and as the camera pans we see he also points to an adjacent room, a storage bay of some sort. But the time the camera pans back around we see the Crewman's back. At the fast pace he is moving away from the area, one can surmise something spooked him pretty bad.

Christina raises an eyebrow, but upon locking eyes with her cameraman she gives a short jerk of her head in the direction of the storage bay and the duo set off.

The walk is short, and true to his word the Crewman's directions have lead the two to Harvest. Rested precariously on some lazily stacked crates, Harvest has his feet propped up and his arms crossed above his head.

Chrisitina Clair: Finally, here you are! I am Christina Clair, XWA interviewer-

Without even looking at her, Harvest hold's one hand up abruptly to silence her, and for whatever reason Clair actually complies. Clad in a black sleeveless tee shirt with the likeness of a golden skull on the front, rough knee low denim jeans and black boots, Harvests shifts casually to a sitting position. He braces lightly on the edge of the crate with both hands before speaking.

Harvest: I know who you are. Question is, why should I care?

Christina scowls, jabbing a finger at him.

Christina: Don't get lippy, I'm here to interview you.

Harvest chuckles.

Harvest: Why shouldn't I get lippy? What do I have to loose? The interview? I'm hardly required or at all concerned about making it pretty and prosperous in the 'hearts and minds of the XWA fans'.

Christina loos like she wants to fire back another retort, but bites her lip. Because it seems Harvest is gonna keep going.

Harvest: But, that's what they want. An interview, a little piece of me. That's something I'm sure a LOT of people are going to want in due time. But the fans, the staff, they want me to boast or brag or something, give them some material to stick on the highlights or quotes to reference. Hell maybe they just want some smack talk to boost ratings. Everyone wants something from people like me, it's to be expected. And we don't really have a choice in the matter either. What it comes down to, is exactly what they get.

Harvest pauses for a moment, actually bothering to make eye contact with the camera, before continuing.

Harvest: The difference between me and a lot of others is this; what you get out of me is what I want you to. Period. So what are you going to get out of me tonight?

Clair actually seems interested, and the breathy silence in the arena is a sign so is the audience.

Harvest: A promise. XWA is now my new home. For how long, I can't say. But tonight, and every night I get booked on the card, I own the ring. And to you who step into that ring with me, I will own you. Your heart, soul, body and mind are mine until the bell tolls a second time. The outcome? Never certain. But you won't forget the trial.

Harvest, who's gaze had wandered a bit around the room, slowly turns his head back to Clair and the camera. He flashes a white grin.

Harvest: Poor little Daniels is about to find all this out the hard way.

And the room's single light bulb explodes.

The sudden shriek of breaking glass and the plunge into darkness causes a scream to emit from Clair, and one similar but lower in pitch from the cameraman. It also brings gasps from the audience. The sound of the cameraman fumbling with equipment can be heard, before he manages to switch a brighter exterior light on his camera. Harvest is gone, the crates he sat upon just seconds ago completely undisturbed. The last shot is a quick pan to Clair's startled expression before cameras return to the ringside area.

Last edited by Tarian on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a line of dialogue.)
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Harvest "Awakening"   Harvest "Awakening" EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:12 am

This was a brilliant promo. The only thing I didn't like was Christina calling you an idiot... I just didn't 'feel' that part as real. The rest of it was beautifully crafted and well done. I'm hoping booking you against Maestro in a Hardcore match sparks your interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harvest "Awakening"   Harvest "Awakening" Empty

Back to top Go down

Harvest "Awakening"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1