HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999   Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:23 am

CBS Pittsburgh has published an article on WWE deciding to air the controversial Over The Edge 1999 pay-per-view on the WWE Network.

WWE issued the following statement on Friday:

“WWE Network will be airing the 1999 Over The Edge pay-per-view. However, portions of the event will be edited out of respect for Owen Hart.”

Before the Royal Rumble last month, CBS spoke with Stephanie McMahon about Over The Edge 1999 and she said they had not made a decision at that time. Stephanie did confirm that Chris Benoit matches will be on the Network.

In the video above, Stephanie said:

“They are incredible challenging decisions to make. At the end of the day, we try to do what’s right for our fans and we try to give them exactly what they want to see.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999   Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:37 am

I don't think it's a good idea. I mean yeah we shouldn't pretend it didn't happen, cause it did. But almost all the wrestlers where not thinking about their match, some I think almost broke down crying. And you know the crowd did not care about the matches, they where all worried about Owen. Do they really want to show all that sadness? It will also anger a lot of people who still to this day believe they show shouldn't have went on.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999   Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:16 pm

I don't see the problem in not airing it.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999   Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:31 pm

Imo, if the WWE Network is going to allow fans to re-watch previous PPVs, removing Benoit's matches from most of them would automatically ruin most of them Neutral

As for the Owen Hart thing... I see no problem with* that.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999   Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:30 pm

They are idiots for airing it. They have never done so out of respect, so why change that? It's unnecessary...

Benoit thing is fine. Just don't have documentaries about him etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999   Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stephanie Comments on Airing Over The Edge 1999

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1