HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air Empty
PostSubject: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:19 pm

F4Wonline.com reports that WWE has sent out a memo stating that Chris Benoit footage will be allowed on its new Network broadcasts. There will be an advisory played before every show he appears on.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:53 pm

That makes it worse. face palm
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:56 pm

"A man you are about to see suffered severe brain damage during the event and later murdered his wife, smothered his son with a pillow before hanging himself in the basement.

Thanks for watching!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:43 am

just photoshop stevie Richards head over his and your good
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:43 am

Well the press won't be all over this when something goes slightly wrong...
Back to top Go down
Riley Williamson
Main Eventer
Riley Williamson

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:04 am

An Update:

WWE is expected to announce the Network in Las Vegas next week.
Back to top Go down
http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Riley_Williamson
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 9:55 am

You gotta be kidding me.... face palm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 11:48 am

I don't get it...

People would complain that WWE tried to erase Chris Benoit like he was never born or something or never wrestle for WWE..

and now people are complaining about WWE showing clips of Benoit again

I, for one, do not care, but just saying.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:19 pm

I've always been against them showing him. Still am. Bit hard to sell a PG product that's aimed at kids with a murderer on...
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:56 pm

I'm only against the warning. Just don't draw attention to it, and people won't really care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:26 pm

JOKER wrote:
"A man you are about to see suffered severe brain damage during the event and later murdered his wife, smothered his son with a pillow before hanging himself in the basement.

Thanks for watching!"
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Chilly wrote:
I've always been against them showing him. Still am. Bit hard to sell a PG product that's aimed at kids with a murderer on...

You must really hate The Great Khali, then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:33 pm

The saddest incident in the life of The Great Khali was the death of his friend Brain Ong. Brain Ong (May 28, 1974 – May 28, 2001) Concord California was his co -wrestler in the All Pro Wrestling Beginner’s Camp. On that very day of Monday Mr Ong ended his life while getting a Flap Jack from The Great Khali during a training session. But in fact Dalip Singh (The Great Khali) was not at all responsible for the death of Brian Ong rather the entire incident was just an accident. There after it was disclosed by court that the wresting camp had not taken any protective measures in order to prevent these types of tragic incidents and was charged a penalty of $ 1.3 million by the family of Brain Org.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:32 pm

Ghost of Xtrememas Past wrote:
The saddest incident in the life of The Great Khali was the death of his friend Brain Ong. Brain Ong (May 28, 1974 – May 28, 2001) Concord California was his co -wrestler in the All Pro Wrestling Beginner’s Camp. On that very day of Monday Mr Ong ended his life while getting a Flap Jack from The Great Khali during a training session. But in fact Dalip Singh (The Great Khali) was not at all responsible for the death of Brian Ong rather the entire incident was just an accident. There after it was disclosed by court that the wresting camp had not taken any protective measures in order to prevent these types of tragic incidents and was charged a penalty of $ 1.3 million by the family of Brain Org.

Having read it in that context, maybe the way I worded my post was a bit too simplistic. Didn't mean to make it seem like I was calling Khali a horrible person or anything because of a lack of explanation. Just trying to get the point across that not everything is so cut and dry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:10 am

ilikewwe11 wrote:
I don't get it...

People would complain that WWE tried to erase Chris Benoit like he was never born or something or never wrestle for WWE..

and now people are complaining about WWE showing clips of Benoit again

I, for one, do not care, but just saying.

People at first thought that they were trying to "erase" him from history, but then WWE explained that they're not willing to promote a murderer as it would not go well with their PG product. What we're basically saying "What the fuck" about NOW is the fact that they're going to be airing his matches and other stuff on the WWE Network as part of--I assume--their 24/7 show or something? I don\'t know They're basically showing him and broadcasting him. In other, they're going back on what they said. In closing, WWE cannot make up their fuckin' minds. I aint bothered 
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:09 am

I think there's a difference between someone who purposely murdered his wife and kid and then hung himself as compared with someone who accidentally killed someone in a freak accident. Funny

Nonetheless, I don't think they should censor him. Anymore than the media should stop playing Lost Prophet's songs because of the lead singer's actions. Horrible as it is, there's a difference between what they did professionally and what horrible, awful things they did backstage. They shouldn't be praised, but their work should stay the way it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 12:16 pm

I think we will only see the high profiled matches he was In though. Like WM XX and Summerslam 2004
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:16 pm

WWE is just moving on. The warning thing is basically just for PR issues. Not a big deal. He had some great matches/moments, so showing them seems ok to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air   WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE to allow Chris Benoit footage to air

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1