HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker Empty
PostSubject: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:00 pm

UPDATE 2: WWE's spokesperson released a statement to PWInsider on Randy Orton's condition, noting:

"Randy is well enough to have performed tonight in South Africa."

UPDATE: South African news site ENCA.com spoke with Tshepo Sekhabi, the man who attacked Randy Orton at a Cape Town, South Africa house show. In the article, Sekhabi says he quit his job in Johannesburg in order to make it to the show and received a black eye and a swollen face after Orton kicked him while he was being yanked from the ring.

When asked why he did it, Sekhabi said he'd planned it in advance, noting, "I just don't like Randy Orton, this was an opportunity for me so I got up there and made a name for myself."

The article notes that while Sekhabi wasn't formally arrested, he was banned for five years from the resort where the show was being hold and was thrown out of the resort's hotel, which he was staying at.

When asked for comment about whether Orton felt bad about attacking Sekhabi, WWE said, "Randy Orton was the victim in this incident and suffered an injured groin."

ORIGINAL: The following reports were sent in by fans in attendance of yesterday's house show, where a "fan" attacked Randy Orton…

From Jaco Breytenbach: I was at the Cape Town event last night. The incident with the fan and Randy Orton may be a work. The "fan" is a local wrestler called Blacksmith. He trains regularly (4- 5 days a week) at the gym where I am a manager. Adding fuel to the matter is that some people who were in attendance claim that the event security opened up a gap towards the finish of the Orton/Langston match where the "fan"/Blacksmith was able to enter the ring.

From M. Huntley: The guy who 'attacked' Randy Orton during last night's event at the Gran West Arena was local South African wrestler The Blacksmith. Many fans in the arena found the whole incident strange and suspicious as he was posing for photos before the show with fans who recognized him. He was sitting 5 or 6 rows in front of my friends and I. He entered the ring when the event crew backed-off from the security spots giving him the window to proceed into the ring. Everyone on the bus home was suspicious about the whole thing, a few people reckon its a WWE publicity stunt to sell tickets or to take away attention from TNA's August1 videos given the fact that people would be watching footage of Orton's so-called attack.

From Daniel Hayward: I attended this infamous WWE event last night. People were posing for photos with the guy who attacked Randy Orton last night. The attacker is a domestic wrestler called The Black Smith. The general feeling in South Africa is that this whole thing is a PR stunt and not a legitimate incident as that of the Pieter van Zyl, the fan who attacked a referee in an international rugby match between South Africa and New Zealand back in 2002 which was a legitimate occurrence. Sorry to burst the bubble, but this thing was planned. The Black Smith was a plant. No Steve Bartman incident here.

- Judging by the fan reports, the knowledge that the "fan" was an independent wrestler and that WWE his posting footage the attack, many are speculating that he "attack" was nothing more than an angle. More on the story as it develops.

Credit: wrestlezone.com

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/292619/UPDATEDx2:-/'Fan-That-Attacked-Randy-Orton-Was-a-Local-Independent-Worker.htm#lxIGi5zfIgpVzdSA.99
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:14 pm

But if it were a work, I don't understand why WWE would have this be at a house show when they have the chance to do this on tv or something.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:17 pm

The only reason I could see it being a work is that they took way too long to get the guy out of the ring. If it was legit, they could've gotten him out before he attacked Orton.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:21 pm

I agree the circumstances scream "work", but I don't think it is still.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 11:24 pm

If it's a work or not, WWE should strike while the iron is hot with this one. Sign this guy, talk about the attack as much as they can. Get these two in a match. We saw how awesome Edge and Matt was. Doubt it be as good, but give it a chance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:00 am

That was weird, I don't think it was a work. Now anyone will just get into the ring at random shows in hope to get a spot on the roster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:17 am

^ Good point.

I thought it was a work.

But you would think they would do it on TV. Kinda like how they did with Santino..

Last edited by Tiff on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:29 am

It would make sense if it was a work. The whole story seems weird to me, we've seen plenty of fans try and get in the ring and they've never gotten close to the talent as far as I've seen. Perhaps WWE is trying to stage something viral (it seems to be working), using the current state of the IWC and exploiting how every house show is covered these days.

Let's face it, if it happened on Raw there wouldn't be anyone thinking it was legit.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:42 am

Yeah, I admit the one thing keeping me from believing it's a work is that it happened at a house show and not on TV,..

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:48 am

only an idiot would think this was a work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:50 am

^ You're an idiot Mad as hell 
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:52 am

So Dante, I assume you think this is a work?

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:30 am

Razor Xtreme wrote:
Yeah, I admit the one thing keeping me from believing it's a work is that it happened at a house show and not on TV,..

So because it didnt happen on tv, its real? face palm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:30 am

Tiff wrote:
^ You're an idiot Mad as hell 

ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:39 am

No idiot, because if it were a work, it would most likely be on TV. Seriously? Learn to read, tool.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:56 pm

He prolly tricked security for all we know, that's why he was in the ring for too long...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Razor Xtreme wrote:
No idiot, because if it were a work, it would most likely be on TV. Seriously? Learn to read, tool.

They couldnt run angles at house shows? Gotta love being dense sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Bull wrote:
If it's a work or not, WWE should strike while the iron is hot with this one. Sign this guy, talk about the attack as much as they can. Get these two in a match.  We saw how awesome Edge and Matt was. Doubt it be as good, but give it a chance  
No. Wtf..?

It's wrong for WWE to be covering the attack if it is indeed legitimate because it sends the message that “if you do this, you will get attention from it.”
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:50 pm

^
And he did get attention from it....

Also, WWE is known for taking what happens in real-life and using them as works i.e. Eddie Guerrero's substance abuse problems or Lita cheating on Matt Hardy with Edge.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Nate wrote:
^
And he did get attention from it.....
Exactly my point.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Dead wrote:
Razor Xtreme wrote:

They couldnt run angles at house shows? Gotta love being dense sometimes.

Never said they couldn't, just saying it's very unlikely. It's not my fault you aren't good with statistics.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Girls, stop fighting. Can't you just kiss and make up?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:19 pm

That'd be physically impossible, he lives very far, and I don't like men. I aint bothered

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Well, in that case, keep arguing. Indifferent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker   ‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker Empty

Back to top Go down

‘Fan’ That Attacked Randy Orton Was a Local Independent Worker

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1