HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:31 pm

http://www.destructoid.com/activision-blames-new-consoles-for-lower-sales-of-ghosts-266931.phtml

Quote :
Activision knows why Call of Duty: Ghosts didn't sell as many copies as they had hoped, and it has nothing to do with them regurgitating the same game every year. Eric Hirshberg, Activision's CEO, told GameInformer that the slow sales were due to "the challenges of the console transition year."

He also blew off the negative critical response to Ghosts by saying that "the critical response doesn't always mirror the fans' appreciation of a game. We actually do read the critics' comments and take them into consideration during our creative process, but we just can't measure ourselves by that yardstick alone."

Basically the message here is that lower review scores from critics, and declining sales, have nothing to do with the quality of the Call of Duty franchise, or at least that's what Activision wants you to believe. I don't buy into sales being hurt by the console transition, since the game is available on every platform, and players had ways to upgrade to the next-gen version if they wanted to.
Wait, you mean to tell me it's the new consoles fault? It's not due to the fact that the game is shit or anything? What happened to Ghosts blowing GTAV out of the water in sales? What happened to the report a few weeks ago that Ghosts was the best selling on the new consoles? People are starting to realize that Call of Duty is stale, boring and repetitive and i hope this leads to them calling for a better product.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Really
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Call of Duty has just gotten far too corny. Its really as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:22 pm

It really is so boring now. Like painfully boring to the point where if I'm not playing it with friends I just can't get myself through more than a game or two. I could go on a big rant on why Ghosts sucks but to sum it up: it's boring in every aspect.

Kinda because the series has gotten stale but mainly because Ghosts is just terrible. I still kinda liked BO2 honestly so I don't think there's that much of a stale factor for me personally. Although it might be kicking in now since BO1 was the first one I played/owned on my own PS3. & Black Ops was the most fun for me by far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Honestly I really like some of the new modes they come up with.

You'd think because PS4 and Xbox One are not backwards capable the game would sell more. Guess people are tired of the stale gameplay.

Last edited by MooseNugget [POOP] on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Meant PS4)
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:05 am

I can't remember the last time a CoD game appeared even remotely worth buying.  To many games, about basically the same thing.  Gets old pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:10 am

When you churn out the same shit annually, people will tire of the crap. Not rocket science.

Activision are full of crap anyway, so they'll feed anyone BS who's willing to listen. It's like EA stating they care about customers lol.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 11:54 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:21 pm

also the fact they suck the dick of X-box so much and basically tell their PS3/Ps4 and PC buyers to go fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:29 pm

^ WTF? Funny No they don't. Mr. "Xbox One will be 720p on Ghosts and PS4 will be 1080"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Umm....thats due to the power of the consoles themselves, not who favors the game more. Microsoft has a deal with Activision to get all of their DLC before Sony and PC gamers can.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:45 am

lol yeah, that's just Microsoft trying to get ahead of the pack on the biggest games that are sold. They did the same with FIFA over here, giving free downloads to pre-orders of the console.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Didn't they make like a million sales in 24 hours doe? Probably that's it lol, but yeah, I like CoD but this is getting repetitive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:16 pm

I think they should go back to World War 2.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:04 pm

They should do The American Revolution. Because of the amount of time it would take to load a gun my friends would hate that game ROFL! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:42 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
They should do The American Revolution. Because of the amount of time it would take to load a gun my friends would hate that game ROFL! 

I've honestly always kind of wanted this to happen, even though I too would hate the reload time, and the fact you would have to slowly walk in formation in a straight line Funny
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:15 pm

^ Reminiscence of ACIII, takes forever to load guns. Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:18 am

Razor Loves Male Cream wrote:
^ WTF? XDNo they don't. Mr. "Xbox One will be 720p on Ghosts and PS4 will be 1080"
Wtf are you going on about? I never talked about that

anyways, how about the fact cod games are designed on Xbox before being ported. The fact ps3 & PC had huge problems on week one of black ops 1.while, the guy who job is to listen for issues from the fans was yucking up how awesome black op was on Xbox. Paying no mind to PS or pc people who couldn't even play online
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 2:02 pm

CB Hunk wrote:
I think they should go back to World War 2.
That. The first like three games, I think it was, that were based on WW2 actually had stories that were believable and brought out emotion.

I'd be interested in something from WW1. Don't think many games every really covered that war have they?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 2:51 pm

The only WW1 game I can think of is Toy Soldiers.

And I guess several Snoopy games.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Wait, there was a WW2 COD? I always wanted a COD game where you fought Hitler. Funny
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Hitler is a boss in Wolfenstein 3D.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:07 pm

I know lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Razor Loves Male Cream wrote:
Wait, there was a WW2 COD?
Are you serious? Indifferent 

Call of Duty 1,2,3 and World at War were all set in WWII
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:43 pm

I think there was one that was WW1. They should have done that instead of Black Ops, honestly. Do different wars. Do the civil war, do the French Revolution, do the Gulf War, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts   Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts Empty

Back to top Go down

Activision blames new consoles for lower sales of Ghosts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next