HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UFO - Pete Way Diagnosed With Cancer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

UFO - Pete Way Diagnosed With Cancer Empty
PostSubject: UFO - Pete Way Diagnosed With Cancer   UFO - Pete Way Diagnosed With Cancer EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:11 am

Pete Way, the founding and former bassist of UFO, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. The release of Way's new album Walking On The Edge has been postponed until early in the new year so he can undergo more treatment, which involves radiotherapy sessions every day for a month to shrink the tumor, as well as hormone medication.

He told Classic Rock that he was feeling "good, positive and determined to beat it."

"I was lucky," Way said. "They were checking my liver, not my prostate. They found it by accident. I didn't think I had any symptoms, but when I spoke to the doctors, and they were asking me all those questions, I did have the symptoms. I just didn't know what they were."

Pete Way wrote on his Facebook page: "It'll take more than cancer to stop me but it does mean I will have to postpone the release of the album until early in the new year while I am having treatment. I'll update my pages regularly so my friends and fans will know how I am doing. Thanks everyone for your good wishes. They are much appreciated. Love Pete."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

UFO - Pete Way Diagnosed With Cancer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1