HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook? Empty
PostSubject: Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook?   Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook? EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:40 am

Lars Ulrich is one of the most recognizable drummers in the world of heavy metal. He is also, it would seem, a massive foodie.  

The Metallica drummer has recently written the introduction to "A Work in Progress," the new recipe book from Danish chef Rene Redzepi, co-owner of the two-Michelin star restaurant Noma. You can check out an excerpt below:  

"Unafraid.  

"I love that word. I’ve had that word in the back of my mind for years. Waiting for the right time to use it. Waiting for the right project to attach it to. I never imagined it would be used in a book about food. Now it has been. Then again, this is not a book just about food.  

"And I’ll use it again. Unafraid. There, I just used it for a second time. Wow, that looks good. Sounds good too. Such a powerful word.  

"In the past when I have been asked to contribute forewords or other thoughts in the written form as a way to fill up a page or two before the main event, it’s always been about a person or a body of work closely associated with a particular person. When René reached out to me to write this intro, he asked me to write about creativity. Not about food, not about Noma, not about René himself or any amalgam of the above. René wanted my ‘ruminations’ on the following question: what is creativity?  

"Like I said, I’ve been invited to partake in many creative shenanigans over the years, but never to write an essay about a single word. Being unafraid is a good start...  

"Creativity is as much about exploring what you don’t know as embracing what you do know. Having the courage to wander into your own ignorance, armed only with base knowledge, can be a powerful way to true creativity. When you truly go out there and create something, it’s as much a product of what you don’t know as a product of what you do.  

"I've been circling these sound bites for some time now. They all sound rather slogan-like. Actually, some, or most of those would make pretty cool bumper stickers.  

"Let's dig deeper."  

You can find out more info about the book here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook?   Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook? EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 am

Trapped Under Ice Cream!
Fade to Black Pudding!
The Flan That Should Not Be!
...And Juices For All!

OK, I'll stop now.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook?   Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook? EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:31 pm

I thought he was a movie buff, not a foodie. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook?   Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook? EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Because people are only allowed to be interested in one thing.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook?   Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook? EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:57 pm

He is interested in more than one thing. Metal. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook?   Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook? EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Metallica need to do a cookery show. That shit would be epic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook?   Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lars Ulrich Writes Foreword to Cookbook?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1