HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting Empty
PostSubject: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:04 am

CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting 00081118-642

CSKA Moscow coach Leonid Slutsky has refused to apologise to racial abuse victim Yaya Toure ahead of his side's latest Champions League clash with Manchester City.
City midfielder Toure was subjected to monkey chants by a section of CSKA supporters when the two clubs met in the Russian capital a fortnight ago.

UEFA has since ordered CSKA to play their next home match in the competition at a partially closed stadium but, while the club are not appealing, they appear to be accepting their punishment grudgingly.
Before being found guilty by European football's governing body, CSKA vehemently denied any monkey chanting took place and, even now, they continue to insist the issue has been exaggerated.

Slutsky was repeatedly asked questions about the matter at his to press conference preview the return Group D match between the two clubs at the Etihad Stadium.
A club official tried unsuccessfully to steer the subject matter away from racism before Slutsky finally addressed it.
Slutsky said: "The club is categorically against racism.
"As for the match, we did not hear any racial slurs, so it is difficult to comment.
"We think the situation has been exaggerated and there was an over-reaction."
When asked if the club would apologise to Toure, Slutsky said: "I think we have discussed this matter enough already."

Defender Sergei Ignashevich did express regret, but only after sympathising with the CSKA fans who will not be able to attend the Bayern Munich game on November 27 because of the UEFA sanction.
He said: "We are sorry that some of our fans won't be at this game but at the moment we are thinking about the game (against City)."
But when asked further he said: "We are sorry that such an unpleasant incident took place."

Media director Sergei Aksenov interrupted a question of whether the club were concerned about a repeat of such behaviour at Eastlands.
"Let us wait for them to repeat it and then feel sorry for that," he said.
Toure - who suggested players could boycott the 2018 World Cup in Russia over racism issues - himself wants City fans to offer CSKA a warm welcome.

The Ivory Coast international tweeted: "Tomorrow I want fans to show our guests how welcoming citizens are. Lets show the world why our sky is blue i know i can count on u."
City manager Manuel Pellegrini hopes Russian supporters will learn from the punishment handed to CSKA.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference, the Chilean said: "The fans of CSKA made an important mistake.

"The club, I don't know why they denied it at the beginning or what their reaction is now but UEFA acted and gave them the punishment they deserve. I hope we can leave it in the past and it will be an example for Russian fans because they have a World Cup in their country."
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 am

"Slutsky"

ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:42 am

He's a douche, Razor.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:44 am

I had a different word in mind.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:46 am

Slutski?

Since when is Snooki a soccer coach? shifty
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:47 am

ROFL!

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Why does soccer have the most racist fanbase in all of sports? More importantly why is soccer the most racist sport out there.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Dead wrote:
Why does soccer have the most racist fanbase in all of sports? More importantly why is soccer the most racist sport out there.
Because it's more popular in Eastern Europe, which is where most of the racists seem to be these days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:37 pm

I think boxing gives soccer a run for its money though..

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:13 pm

It doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Minkaro wrote:
Dead wrote:
Because it's more popular in Eastern Europe, which is where most of the racists seem to be these days.
Yeah That

Italy, Russia & all the other Slav countries is where it's most notorious. This is mostly do to the history & former ideologies of these countries. Not many minorities, so they've never had to deal with any Civil Rights Movements. Eastern Europe is not a very open society.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:41 pm

For example, here are Shakthar (Ukrainian club) dressed up as the KKK from todays match:CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting BYTuaJiCQAAOqFH
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Drachen wrote:
It doesn't.
Really? You must not have family that likes Boxing then. Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Yeah, that's true. People will always choose to side with 'their guy' in boxing, mostly due to race, but it is also pale in comparison to the sports culture regarding race when it comes to soccer in Eastern Europe. I've witnessed black people/Mexicans go over the top when they face someone different from their race, but European soccer ultras will make those people look civil.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:38 pm

It's funny saying that Slavs aren't familiar with civil rights and all that, because they were the oppressed race for CENTURIES in the middle ages.

Hell, the word Slav literally comes from the word Slave. Funny
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:52 pm

But the funny thing is, those fans also want to fill up the stadiums w/ Nazi flags, but forget that the Nazi's saw all of their countries as an inferior race of people.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Minkaro wrote:
Dead wrote:
Yeah That
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Oh, & continuing on w/ Russia...They do not deserve to host a WC in 2018 if this problem persists. Fail!
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Yeah That

USA should get it. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting   CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting Empty

Back to top Go down

CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky refuses to apologise to Manchester City's Yaya Toure for racist chanting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1