HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African Empty
PostSubject: Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African   Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:25 pm

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure believes he is not recognised as one of the world's best players because he is African.

The Ivory Coast international, who has won league titles in England, Spain and Greece, as well as the Champions League with Barcelona, was among the six names shortlisted for the Professional Footballers' Association’s Player of the Year award on Friday.

Following the club’s Capital One Cup victory at Wembley in March, Samir Nasri claimed Toure would be considered as the best midfielder in the world if he wasn’t African.

“I think what Samir was saying was definitely true,” Toure told BBC’s Football Focus. "To be honest, proper recognition has only come from the fans.

“I don't want to be hard and I don't want to be negative, but I want to be honest.

"If you go to any part of Africa now, people will say 'yes, we know him [Lionel Messi]', but when you come to Europe and say 'Yaya Toure' people will say 'who is that?'

"Some will say they know my name but not know my face. But they will know Messi's face.

"I am very proud to be African, I want to defend African people and I want to show to the world that African players can be as good as the Europeans and South Americans."
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African   Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:28 pm

I agree w/ him. If he weren't African he'd be the best midfielder in the world...behind Vidal of course. I know some people who try to claim Busquets is better than Toure. Wtf..?
Back to top Go down
Ellis Morgan
Jobber
Ellis Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African   Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Toure has scored the most free kicks and penalties in the league, in my eyes he certainly is the best midfielder in the world. As a City fan I am a big supporter of Toure's, he is our best player.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African   Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 pm

True, but there are a lot of people who keep giving Silva more recognition than Yaya. I agree that Yaya is City's best player.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African   Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm

I actually agree with him. This guy is an absolute beast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African   Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African Empty

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure: I don't get recognition because I'm African

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1