HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should the washington redskins change their name?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should the washington redskins change their name? Empty
PostSubject: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:20 pm

What do you believe?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Nah

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Never looked in it that much but if it's a racial slur, maybe they should consider it.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Nah

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Its been the team nickname for decades and NOW people want to be offended by it?
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Too many teams have similar names. WGAF on second thought. walk
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:49 pm

I blame Obama for this

Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Yeah That He's rsponsible for everything.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:14 am

Thanks Obama Shaking Head

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:15 am

Yes.

Should the washington redskins change their name? FJBloTX
Should the washington redskins change their name? Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:43 am

Change it to something more racist. I aint bothered

StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:42 am

The woman who is pretty much the spearhead for the campaign is only doing it cause of a few fans after attending one game.  Most native american tribes could give a flying fuck.  So fuck no, it's not used as a slur, and until I heard about this entire campaign I didn't even know it could be used as a slur.  They need to focus on what the word means now.  It represents a franchise in the NFL far more often than as a racial slur.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:39 am

It's been there for years, what's the problem?

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Razors Awesome wrote:
The woman who is pretty much the spearhead for the campaign is only doing it cause of a few fans after attending one game.  Most native american tribes could give a flying fuck.  So fuck no, it's not used as a slur, and until I heard about this entire campaign I didn't even know it could be used as a slur.  They need to focus on what the word means now.  It represents a franchise in the NFL far more often than as a racial slur.
Some tribes do care, but why they waited until this decade to do so boggles my mind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:42 pm

i wouldnt mind the Washington Warriors but i hope they dont change it

washington wizards should be the washington BULLETS tho Smile
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:45 pm

If anything, it's a GOOD thing that they're named this. Now "redskin" isn't an insult, people automatically allude to the team.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Some native american tribes look at it as a slur. You arent indian so you wouldnt understand that.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Huh's indian and doesn't seem to care. Also, though I don't really care, technically Mexicans are Indians. DURRR.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:06 pm

That nigga Huh is one of those turban wearing Indians, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Is Huh part of a tribe? I didnt say all native americans cared, i said some.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Well boo hoo. Should we change the Cowboys name cause certain people that are still Cowboys are offended by it? No, fuck that.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:47 pm

I hate to burst your bubble but not everyone thinks and feels the same way you do, dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:09 pm

I don't think it needs to be changed, given that over 85% of American Indians do not find it offensive. However if you do feel the need to change it, keep the colors, logos, ect. and just call them the warriors.

HOWEVER, all other team names revolving around American Indian names (Braves, Indians, specific tribe names) should NOT be changed and definitely are respectful. Well, the Cleveland Indians mascot and logo isn't, but their name should be left alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the washington redskins change their name?   Should the washington redskins change their name? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should the washington redskins change their name?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1