HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. Empty
PostSubject: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 9:46 pm

So I read an article that talked about this, and it brought it to my mind. If the Redskins are being forced to change their name because a couple of morons think it's offensive, what's next?

Should the Anaheim Angels and New Orleans Saints change their name because they regard a religious connotation? Should the Patriots change their name because someone might get offended that the name is implying that only they are patriotic? Should the Yankees change their name since it's a derogatory term used towards Americans?

That's how stupid the people getting offended over "Redskins" sound.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:01 pm

Blame the Native American community. I aint bothered

I think?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 11:23 pm

I think it's silly because it's so obviously not about political correctness. I can't say for sure what's at the root of the issue, but it's not about anti-racism. The pro bowl is moving to Arizona (Racist capital of the USA.) The Cleveland Indians' logo is native american blackface. We don't REALLY care that something's racist unless someone tells us too. My question is: Why is it suddenly cool to attack the Redskins? Is it Dan Snyder? Is it RG3 being a "corn-ball-brother?"

I don't know.

But it's not about anti-racism. That much to me is clear.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:23 am

Well to my knowledge they aren't really offended by it, so why change it? Political correctness goes too far sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:27 am

Yeah That I don't know any Indians offended by it. Funny It's a bunch of stupid congressmen.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:29 am

It's a small group of native american's who are offended which roots down to a few jackasses at one game that a couple went to where they were treated offensively because people noticed they were native americans.

So blame drunk football fans for this, either way, it's stupid. Who is going to be more of a representative here? The 1.5 million Redskins fans, or a few hundred people who decided to 'make a change' about something so small as a sports team name. All they did by removing the copyright was give fans and cheapskates the right to make their own merchandise and sell it. The Redskins are pretty wealthy, it's not honestly going to hurt them too much, so relatively, this 'victory' was pointless.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:30 am

Wonder if any Irish people are actually offended by Notre Dame. Why do they assume Irish people want to fight? I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:32 am

They cant make any counterfeit merch now because the copyrights that expired only went up to 1990, so anything after that is still going.

"The Cleveland Indians' logo is native american blackface."

They were going after that not too long ago as well.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 1:12 am

Still there. No copyrights removed on it.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 1:33 am

Dare to Drächen wrote:
Wonder if any Irish people are actually offended by Notre Dame. Why do they assume Irish people want to fight? I aint bothered
Funny.... I have an Irish teacher that said it was degrading because they stereotyped the Irish as fighters. Funny
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 10:18 am

I wonder what Realt thinks! nervous
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 10:24 am

Realt's answer: "Redskins? Stop complaining. Bunch of stupid Indians. Fighting Irish? THAT'S SO HORRIBLE AND RACIST AND AWFUL."
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:14 am

Shaking Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:25 am

Eeyen wrote:
Still there. No copyrights removed on it.

https://xwauniverse.forumotion.com/t13024-patent-office-cancels-redskins-trademark

Their current copyright/patent/whatever is still there, yes, but the older stuff was cancelled
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:19 pm

And now this happens: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2109290-tracking-cleveland-indians-potential-9b-lawsuit-from-native-american-group?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:26 pm

Dare to Drächen wrote:

It is a stereotype and it's not true. That's like me saying all Americans are fat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:30 pm

9 BILLION?? Yeah, they're totally offended by the name and logo /sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:54 pm

realt wrote:
Dare to Drächen wrote:

It is a stereotype and it's not true. That's like me saying all Americans are fat
Do you think they should change the name? nervous
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Yeah, pretty much what my teacher said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.   Thought regarding the Redskins' name change. Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought regarding the Redskins' name change.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1