HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PROMO: "One Step Closer" | Drake Dysfunction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PROMO: "One Step Closer" | Drake Dysfunction Empty
PostSubject: PROMO: "One Step Closer" | Drake Dysfunction   PROMO: "One Step Closer" | Drake Dysfunction EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:49 pm

Due October 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST (UTC -4 Hours)
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PROMO: "One Step Closer" | Drake Dysfunction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROMO: "One Step Closer" | Drake Dysfunction   PROMO: "One Step Closer" | Drake Dysfunction EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:01 am

Vendetta #61 returns to its regularly scheduled programming following a commercial break consisting of Old Spice products, Gatorade and more on how America is deemed literally fucked after the Governement Shutdown, but the one thing that WON'T shut down is the love these fans have for their 'wrasslin'. As we have indeed returned to the LIVE telecast of the 61st edition of XWA's Premiere Show, we don't waste anymore time as we cut to the backstage area where we see backstage interviewer Christina Clair, looking well-dressed tonight in her black business woman's suit. She raises the mic up to her lips.

Christina Clair
"Ladies and gentlemen, as I stand here before you, a lot of commotion has been going on here. A lot of buzz about the upcoming PPV 'King of Xtreme' along with other news about the two very important matches set to take place at the annual event. Without further adieu, please welcome my guest at this time; he is the XWA Intercontinental Champion Drake Dysfunction."

A warm response from the Arkansas crowd for the man who appears on the scene, clad with the Intercontinental championship gold resting on his shoulder. He smiles at the interviewer before speaking up.

Drake Dysfunction
"Miss Clair, it's good to see you. You look well!"

Clair smiles at this.

Christina Clair
"Why thank you. You look pretty happy today, Drake. Care to tell us why?"

She places the mic in front of his lips, looking to get a response from the beaming individual.

Drake Dysfunction
"Well, it's certainly not the fact that, last week, I qualified for the Elimination Chamber match set to take place at King of Xtreme, if that's what you're wondering...no wait. Actually..

IT ISSSSSS!!!!"

Some of the fans who get the reference to D-Volution's resident UKian cowboy give a simultaneous chuckle heard 'round the ring area.

Adam Dennis
"Real original..."

Ted Cedar
"It's a classic!"

Cutting back to Drake Dysfunction, we see him still beaming from that impression he just did.

Drake Dysfunction
"I'm sorry, but I couldn't help myself. I needed someone to impersonate, so it'd make sense that it'd be David Michaels; the former General Manager and one-third of D-Volution. Why? Because that's a rather funny line to act out and because of the fact that I pinned a member of D-Volution last week to earn a spot in the chamber match at King of Xtreme."

The crowd "Ohhhhhhhhh" at this, knowing full-well that the member he refers to is none other than JHalc; former XWA Champion, who did in-fact get pinned last week by the Intercontinental Champion. Looking dead at the camera now, Drake continues.

Drake Dysfunction
"Hi, JHalc!"

He waves his hand, waving at JHalc who might be watching this right now.

Drake Dysfunction
"I hope you're watching and I REALLY hope you're listening. No matter what them stupid Twitter feeds say about our match last week, I can honestly tell you that it was no fluke and that I did pin you 1,2,3 following a rather favorable, replay-worthy Dysfunctional Disaster. I beat the former XWA Champion and now, I'm headed to XWA's annual pay-per-view King of Xtreme to fight for the World Heavyweight Championship. So yes, Christina."

Looks at Christina now.

Drake Dysfunction
"I have a reason to be happy."

Following that statement, he begins beaming again. Christina now has a follow-up question.

Christina Clair

"Well, most would say that the win over JHalc was a fluke, but it looks like the GM of this esteemed brand, Caleb Spires, has given you an opportunity to prove your critics wrong tonight....by putting you in a match with his New World Dominance tag-team partner KANIMANIAC."

The crowd explode into cheers once hearing the mention of "The Dragon Tamer's" name. The cheering dies down a bit as Christina continues.

Christina Clair

"I just have to ask what are your thoughts on Kanimaniac?"

Silence. The silence from Drake Dysfunction brings on the 'Kanimaniac' chants from the mouths of the XWA faithful in Arkansas.

Crowd

"Ka-ni-maniac! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap) Ka-ni-maniac! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap) Ka-ni-maniac! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap) Ka-ni-maniac! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)"

Ted Cedar
"These fans are sounding off in Arkansas!"

Following the passionate chanting from the crowd here tonight, Drake Dysfunction begins to speak his answer to Christina's question.

Drake Dysfunction
"I can honestly tell you that I've been following Kanimaniac for some time now. Since he rose to prominence as the RSD Champion, became the King of the Ring in the year 2010 and then went on to become the XWA Champion; man, that guy has done what I have yet to do. But, tonight is different. Tonight, I'm not stepping in the ring with the 2010 King of Xtreme. I'm not stepping in the ring with the man who made up one-half of The Empire. I'm not stepping into the ring with the former XWA Champion. Quite simply..."

He stares into the camera again like he did when he was addressing JHalc, but this time, he's more serious.

Drake Dysfunction
"...I'm stepping in the ring with a man who's going to get a dose of Dysfunctional Disaster."

The fans here in Arkansas boo this man. How dare he belittle Kanimaniac like that. Just then, he does something that no one expected from him.

Drake Dysfunction
"I'm sorry.."

The boos suddenly quiet down. Even the COMMENTATORS are surprised.

Ted Cedar
"BAH GAWD! I think that was an apology!"

Drake continues on.

Drake Dysfunction
"I know that time and time again, I've given you all the wrong impression. Frankly, I'm done being someone I truly am not. I'm done following the path of the douche bags who once walked onto this set and actually had the gall to belittle names like Caleb Spires."

Cheap pop.

Drake Dysfunction
"Like Kanimaniac!"

Cheap pop.

Drake Dysfunction
"Like any other legend that walked through the doors and became legendary. Truth-be-told, tonight, I look forward to stepping in the ring with the likes of Kanimaniac... and as the competitor that I am, I look forward on winning that bout with Kanimaniac."

With one final look at Christina, he leaves the scene.
Back to top Go down

PROMO: "One Step Closer" | Drake Dysfunction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1