HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Unfinished Business. New Opportunities." | Drake Dysfunction Promo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

"Unfinished Business. New Opportunities." | Drake Dysfunction Promo Empty
PostSubject: "Unfinished Business. New Opportunities." | Drake Dysfunction Promo   "Unfinished Business. New Opportunities." | Drake Dysfunction Promo EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Due: Sunday January 5th, at 11:59 PM EST

Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

"Unfinished Business. New Opportunities." | Drake Dysfunction Promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Unfinished Business. New Opportunities." | Drake Dysfunction Promo   "Unfinished Business. New Opportunities." | Drake Dysfunction Promo EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 6:35 pm

The following promo is viewed by many, but understood by very few. Farewell to the old...on with the new.

Our next stop of the night comes to us in clear view of the parking lot where the latest edition of XWA Vendetta is being hosted. It's a sold out event with tons of fans excited to see their favorite XWA Superstars entertain the crap out of them and give 'em their money's worth. That's all fine and dandy, but now we're onto more...."dysfunctional" matters. Yeah, I said "dysfunctional". Mike Lamar seems to be on top of things tonight as he stands in the parking lot, not worried about possibly getting mugged or anything (this is a reporter with BALLS). He sees Drake Dysfunction walking toward him. Drake tries to ignore him, but it's of no use when dealing with THIS kind of persistence.

Mike Lamar
"Hey Dysfunction! DYSFUNCTION!!! I'M TALKIN' TO YOU!"

Drake stops in front of the door leading to another area, presumably inside the venue where Vendetta is currently being held as well as dozens of fans and, of course, dozens of security guards to keep those fans in-check should any of them get any funny ideas. Drake sports a grey-hooded sweater with blue denim jeans and black and white checkered converse. He visibly looks at his wrist watch (that means Mark can blatantly see him do it) and looks up to the interviewer. He dons black shades and sort of a five o'clock shadow. He removes he shades, revealing someone we're not used to seeing. This guy looks like he hasn't slept in a long while. Once can assume he hasn't been sleeping right ever since his loss at the biggest event in XWA History, but we're just assuming for now. He speaks up.

Drake Dysfunction

"This watch says you have 1 minute to waste my time, Mark. Clearly, by these bags under my eyes, you can see that I'm not in the mood."

Mike Lamar
"Well, first of all it's MIKE. Second, and with all due respect, Mr. Dysfunction, you need to get in the mood. Have you looked at the match card, yet? You're in a 3-way with Niko L. Genero....

Drake Dysfunction
"Yeah?"

Mike Lamar
...and Xtreme Icon."

Cheers can be heard from those watching this via the Vendetta tron in the arena for the Hall of Famer Xtreme Icon, who's set to be in-action tonight along with new comer Niko L. Genero and recently-dubbed EX-XWA Intercontinental Champion, Drake Dysfunction. Drake shudders for the moment and then scoffs at the mention of Xtreme Icon.

Drake Dysfunction

"Icon? He's nothing to me. I've beaten him before and I'll sure as hell do it again. Now as for this Niko fellow, I managed to catch his match last week. I gotta say, it was an impressive debut, but now he's not going to be in the ring with a bunch of nobodies. He's going to be in the ring with two former Intercontinental Champions, one a current Hall of Famer and the other sure-fire FUTURE Hall of Famer."

Mike Lamar
"Speaking of being a FORMER Intercontinental Champion, JHalc is here."

Drake sort of looks uneasy at this announcement of the man who took the title off of him being here, so he plays it off.

Drake Dysfunction

"Yeah? So?"

Mike Lamar
"Well, due to your contractual obligations and HIS, you're indeed owed a rematch for the title. However, he has said recently that he is moving on from you. That he evened the score and is done with the likes of you. Any comment?"

Drake Dysfunction
"You know? I have to commend JHalc! I mean damn, man! Congrats on the new tag titles! You and the world champ deserve it! But see, when you get so cocky to the point where you say 'you're moving on from me..."

And this, kids, is where he looks dead at the camera filming all of this to address the new Intercontinental AND Tag Team Champion.

Drake Dysfunction

"JHalC? JHalc, JHalc, JHalc, JHalc, JHalc....it's not over until I say it's over. Now, you may have beaten me at XtremeMania, but you overlook the fact that I'm due for a rematch....MY rematch, and though you may be hot shit now, when you lose that belt back to me and I become a THREE-TIME XWA Intercontinental Champion, you'll JUST be David Michaels' lackey of a tag team champion.....and it suits you well, now-a-days, since the title you USED to hold is now held by your best friend in the whole world. I bet that eats away at you every day....but no worries. Pretty soon, you WON'T have to deal with me anymore....."

Lamar looks a little baffled and confused at the same time, so he speaks up, demanding that Drake solve his problem of being a bit confused at that last statement.

Mike Lamar

"Whoa...what are you saying exactly, Drake?"

Drake backs looks away from the camera and to the man asking the question. He looks down, takes a deep breath. Could he be hinting at....retirement?

Drake Dysfunction

"Morty, don't get scared. You won't be losing one of the hottest commodities to ever grace an XWA arena. I look to be here for a long time....and during that tenure, I'd like to be champion. The main guy that EVERYBODY guns after. One of these days, I'll come after the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP. And, should this opportunity be earned BY me as it was once before, when I'm in contention for that belt that is currently possessed by David Michaels, rest assured you're going to see a new champion....a DYSFUNCTIONAL champion. But for now, I have to get ready. I have two roadblocks on my 'Road to the World Title' to take care of tonight, and they're in need of some.....Dysfunctional Disaster.

Mike Lamar
"Now you can't be serious! That's a tough task!"

Just as he's about to head elsewhere, he turns his head. Looking over his shoulder at Lamar, he hits him with some truth.

Drake Dysfunction

"For certain, it'll be a challenge, but it's a challenge I will gladly take head-on. The Era of Dysfunction is coming, Lamar. Get ready..."

With that said, he opens the door and walks in, disappearing into the building, leaving Lamar outside.

Mike Lamar

"We'll be right back after this, XWA fans.....gosh, he's nuts.
Back to top Go down

"Unfinished Business. New Opportunities." | Drake Dysfunction Promo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1