Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:58 pm

Inside Out (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Lead_960

This was a brilliant movie. They put a lot of work and effort into this movie. It's cute, funny and emotional. 10/10.

Ted 2 (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Amanda-Seyfried-Mark-Wahlberg-and-Seth-MacFarlane-in-Ted-2

I liked a lot of the jokes and I did like the story of Ted trying to get human rights. Some of this was too goofy though. Like there were too many stoner jokes for me. Also Mark Wahlberg's voice acting was pissing me off. 7/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 1:24 am

Tomorrowland (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Tomorrowland-Movie-pointfgeeks

I was a bit disappointed by this. This was good but I was expecting something else. I don't know how to talk about my rating with giving away spoilers. I'll go more into it if someone wants to talk about it. 7/10.

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Mad_Max__Fury_Road_-_Official_Main_Trailer__HD__-_YouTube+copy

I have not seen The Road Warrior or Beyond The Thunderdome but the series has really moved away from the realism of the first movie. Of course the budget was super tight for the first one.

This was really fun to watch. There's a lot of bad ass looking cars. This is a great chase film. Some of it is just too much though. 9/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 am

Bright Road (1953)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Brightroadimbed

I decided to check out this movie on TCM just because it was so short, just under 70 minutes. And I wanted to check out a movie with a black cast on MLK Day.

I'm not a fan of religious films. God and religion come up a lot in this movie.

The story is fine though. This poor black kid has been held back in school for a long time. This new teacher comes and tried to help him out. It's not that he's stupid but more that he's really given up on school and he's an angry young man. This isn't the best version of this story I seen but this is a nice coming of age film. There's several heart warming and sad moments in the film.

It's a nice little movie. I'm not too hot on the ending. The climax was rather good but I was expecting more after what happened. 4/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 6:05 am

Lady Snowblood (1973)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Snowblood_3

Boy there was a bunch of twists and turns in this movie. This movie and it's squeal inspired the Kill Bill movies. This was rather gory though the blood does look fake a lot of the times and the blood spraying effect did look goofy. The sets looked amazing and the story is good. 7/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 3:18 am

Buck Privates (1941)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Buck-privates-drill

I was checking out what was on TCM and decided to watch this since it had Abbott & Costello. It was funny but Abbott & Costello should have just been side characters. Lee Bowman had the more serious role of a playboy who gets drafted and is forced to join the army. This was a good movie that aged well. 7/10.

The Fifth Element (1997)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 960

This was playing on SyFy so I decided to watch it. I really like this movie. Though I prefer the unrated version Thirsty Mofos

This is a fun movie to watch. 7/10.

Battleship Potemkin (1925)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Still-from-Battleship-Pot-001

This is a Communist propaganda film that has been many times called the greatest film ever made. After watching it I don't think that's the case but it's a very brilliant film. It's the best editing I seen from a film from the silent era. The filmmakers did a incredible job of building suspense with the editing alone. This was a great movie. 9/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:18 am

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 One-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-4

Jack Nicholson is so great at playing a crazy person Thirsty Mofos

This is a crazy emotional ride of a movie. You really have little idea of what's going to happen in this film. I nearly cried at the end Sad 9/10.

The Caretakers (1963)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 112582_512x288_generated

This movie features Joan Crawford, an actress who excels at playing a insane bitch. Maybe because she was one. Don't use coat hangers.

Joan isn't a crazy person in this movie but rather the head nurse. It's a funny kind of ass backwards. She's battling Dr. Donovan MacLeod in a attempt to keep things the same in the hospital.

This film seemed poorly edited and I just wasn't very into the crazy women in this movie. The climax was good but it I felt like it ended too suddenly. 4/10.

Some Call It Loving (1973)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 12134_1

This fucking movie. If any of you Skypers are here this was the movie I was talking about.

There's so many plot twists in this movie. The problem is the film as a whole doesn't make any sense. I really don't understand what our poor hero Robert Troy is conflicted about.

Nun Scarlett seemed to be lesbian. We were teased with nudity several times and we only got it once. That was disappointing. But hey I was really surprised when they showed this random girl's pussy. Fuck you don't even get that on the sex shows on HBO!

This movie is so bizarre. 2/10.

Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:36 am

Lesbians? Cornette face

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:48 am

Oh yeah :nod:

I wish I got to see them naked Thirsty Mofos

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:59 pm

The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Bridge-on-the-river-kwai1

I really like this movie. I liked Shears the most. He's just a dude who's in over his head and tries deplorable things to get out of bad situations. I got Colonel Saito, he's like a boss I had before. Dude has a deadline and he's expected to kill himself he he doesn't get this bridge done! I worked with people like Major Warden before Shaking Head I liked Colonel Nicholson to a point. He obviously went crazy and overboard on this bridge project.

This was a really good movie. 9/10.

The Lost Patrol (1934)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 LostPatrol10

This was an alright film. Dispute the fact that Boris Karloff was too old to look like any kind of solder he's the reason I decided to check this out. That was probably the idea when this movie came out since Karloff just became a big star.

This movie did a good job of building some dread with the unseen emery force picking off the men one by one throughout the film. Obviously the combination of this, being lost in the desert and thrust drive several of the men crazy. 6/10.

Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 4:17 pm

Ex Machina (2015)

Finally watched this and it lived up to my expectations from what I heard about it. Excellent movie. 9.5/10. Must watch. Started out a little slow but it was really just some good buildup.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Straight Outta Compton (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Straight-outta-compton-10

This was a enjoyable movie. I'm not a rap enthusiast but Straight Outta Compton was a great album and one of the few rap albums I listen to.

I don't know how historically accurate this movie is but it's easy to watch. Plenty of drama and violence.

It probably would have been better if it just focused on one guy. There was really just too much going on in the movie. It's hard to condense one man's life into a movie. Well now expand that to five different people.

But anyway it's a good movie. 7/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 1:29 am

Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 4

This movie was a emotional roller coaster. This mother just walks out on her husband and son at the beginning of the movie. The father tried his best to fill her void. She comes back into the picture and tried to get custody of the child. I wasn't too into the ending. It was alright but whatever it was still a great drama film. 9/10.

Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:55 am

The Aviator

An absolute amazing performance by Leo. Great film. Great acting.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 12:59 am

The Witch. Pretty good movie. good job

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:54 am

Monsters University (2013)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Monsters-university-alternate-opening

I never knew they made a prequel to Monster's Inc. I loved the first movie so I checked this out. This movie has a nice story and plenty of drama. This isn't as good as the film it follows but it's worth viewing. 7/10.

The Oblong Box (1969)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 6a00e54ee7b642883301bb0882feef970d-600wi

I decided to get this movie since it starred Vincent Price and Christopher Lee. They don't really get the majority of the screen time but the film was still good. There were a bunch of twists and turns.

The effects were not that great. The red hooded Edward would slice people's throats and it's clear that he just whipped some red paint on people's necks. I was also disappointed with Edward's face. The makeup was not on the level of Lon Chaney or even Vincent Price's disfigured face in The House of Wax. They did make him look ugly but he was almost like Two Face and maybe he could have just gotten away with hiding half his face.

Other than that it's a suspenseful story. This movie is filled with lies, sex, grave robbing and murder. It's not a classic but it would probably be something fun to watch at 1 or 2 in the morning and you can't go to sleep. 7/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 12:00 am

The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 960

They sure did have an interesting idea for the squeal for Jurassic Park. Let's bring the T-Rex a city!

There's plenty of exciting scenes and whatnot. It's just not nearly as good as the first movie.

And what's up with the people on the boat being dead while the T-Rex was stuck in cargo? 6/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 4:57 am

Der Fan (1982)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 11567_2

This movie is about a crazy obsessed girl who wants the love of this German Pop singer who goes by the name R. She thinks about him all the time and is depressed that he has never answered her letters. She blames everyone else but R for the letters not getting to her.

She even gets the idea that she should write a letter to R and keep it on her while she jumps off a building. That way the police would get it and R would find out about her that way.

Well instead of doing that she runs away from home and hitchhikes to Munich. For whatever when R sees her he decides to take advantage of her. I don't know if he falls in love with the girl, if he took pity on her or if he was just fooling around but he takes a break from his Pop career to go aloof with her.

Well he feels sorry for his friends that he left hanging so he decides to go back to music after having sex with Simone (The Fan) and she ends up killing him. She cuts him up, boils his body parts and eats him. She then grinds his bones and lays the dust where they first met.

This was a slow paced film that to me didn't have a great pay off. The movie is alright. I did think the part where she was cutting him up was horrific. 5/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 5:11 pm

In the Name of the King 3: The Last Job (2014)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 In-the-Name-of-the-King-3-02

How in the world is Uwe Boll able to keep making movies? The budget for this was 3.5 million dollars. Who gave him the money?

This is a terrible movie that just leaves me scratching my head in the end. There was no satisfying ending. They had a dragon flying around and we couldn't get some kind of epic final fight with it? No it just grabs a bad girl and flies away, never to be seen again.

You're better off just avoiding this. 2/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 4:59 am

Escape from New York (1981)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Large_escape_from_new_york_blu-ray8

Man CB skipped out on watching another film with me TJ on Sundays

His loss. 10/10.

The Decline of Western Civilization (1981)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Product_detail_3162030205001_4269222374001_decline-image

This was a documentary about the Punk Rock scene in LA. This film was a mixed bag. I thought Fear just talking shit and encouraging the fans to fight them was hilarious. Some of the music was good. Then some of it was not so good. One guy with swastikas tattooed on him was making these annoying noises instead of actually singing... Well actually he was signing I guess. They had to put up subtitles of what he was saying.

Part of the film is just dull. They filmed the bands just hanging out and talking about whatever. I would have given this film a better rating if some of this shit was cut out. 6/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:42 pm

The Omega Man (1971)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 1358182260

This was the second movie adaptation of Richard Matheson's I Am Legend.

Instead of a plague The World is destroyed thanks to bio-warfare between The United States and Russia. And instead of vampires the plague victims are mutated. They can't stand light but they don't seem to be eating people.

The mutants are very cool running around with robes and sun glasses but I don't get their motives. They don't seem too far gone sometimes.

The music doesn't fit the film at times. You'd expect something more horrific but suspenseful but it isn't.

The climax is the weakest of the major film adaptions of I Am Legend. But the image of Neville in a pool with blood stained water was very cool and dramatic. 6/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 1:52 am

The Snowman (1982)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Flying

This was my favorite movie as a child. And my sisters loved it as kids too. My Dad went and found this on DVD and we watched it with my sister's kids. This is a great short. It's just lovely flower 8/10.

The Martian (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 The-martian_a8f1e72e-69ae-11e5-a67c-863da204c6d2

I really wanted to see this movie. I rented it and watched it with my sister and my Dad. This is a great Sci-Fi film. It is funny when you think how much effort and money would go into saving Mark. I loved this movie. 10/10.

The Princess Bride (1987)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 70651c6ff91a2174ebcb5a90e352fb06

I watched this with my sister and her kids. This is a fun movie to watch. Plus there's Andre The Giant peace 9/10.

Tales from Earthsea (2006)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 11339_1

This is the worst Studio Ghibli film I ever seen. The animation is great but the story gets dull and seems all over the place. I put this on because my nephew loves dragons but they barley get any screen time. 5/10.

San Andreas (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 150529093055-san-andreas-movie-780x439

My sister really wanted to watch this movie. This reminded me of 2012. This movie just had some many over the top shit happening to The Rock. 7/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 2:47 am

Here Comes Carter (1936)

This was a film about a Hollywood reporter who's going up against gangsters. There's a few laughs to be had. This film was alright and no too long. 6/10.

The Law in Her Hands (1936)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Fg-the-law-in-her-hands-01

We got the see the ugly side of the law in this film. This is about a law firm with to lady lawyers that become desperate and make some nasty deals to get money. It's a short film being slightly over an hour but it's not really worth going back to check out. 4/10.

The Avengers (1998)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 3120

Some prick woke me up at 5 in the morning with a phone call and I couldn't go straight back to sleep. So I checked out what was playing on HBO and this movie was just starting.

This movie was so strange. Plenty of comedy. It was just so strange. Like Sean Connery and his cohorts dressed up in teddy bear costumes. There were robot wasps. Just a whole bunch of random things happening. I had a few laughs but the film wasn't good. I can't imagine the '60s TV shows was like this. 3/10.

Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 10:12 am

10 Cloverfield Lane: Amazing. I prefer the original, but this one was still very good. The original was one of my all-time favorites, though. This one was very different than the first, but that's not really a bad thing. John Goodman's performance was also Oscar worthy. 9/10

The Brothers Grimsby: I didn't really know what to expect heading into this. It got shit reviews and was another Borat-guy movie. So, I kinda had low expectations (I don't usually care for Sacha's movies). Maybe it was the low expectations, but I actually ended up liking it quite a bit. It was definitely out there and had perhaps one of the most strange scenes I've ever watched in film history (for those who've seen it or are going to see it, the elephant scene), but it was really funny. 7.5/10

Black Mass: Been wanting to see this one since it came out, but I had to wait for the DVD on Netflix. I mainly wanted to see it for Johnny Depp's performance, which I've heard was one of his best to date. It was weird seeing him in this movie because he's usually doing completely weird, strange roles and this one was just a psychopathic mobster. I wasn't disappointed by his performance at all. He did amazing. The movie was a bit slow, but his performance carried it passed those slow parts. 8.25/10

The Martian: Another one I've been wanting to see since it came out and we got it through Netflix yesterday. Despite taking about four hours to sit through it (fucking dogs kept barking at the fucking wind), I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It wasn't too long, but it was still long enough that I thought it may kinda slow at points and it really wasn't. Plus, there were a lot of people I didn't expect to be in it. All I knew was Matt Damon. I wasn't expecting Kristen Wiig, Jeff Daniels, Childish Gambino, etc. Great film. 8.75/10

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Lawrence-of-arabia1

Boy this was a long film! This film was 3 and a half hours long but to do something biographical I feel like it better if the move goes long.

This was a film about T.E. Lawrence and the battle of World War 1 in The Middle East. Lawrence was a war hero and he seemed like he was able to pull of some crazy feats.

I don't know how much is fact and how much is fiction. As long as this film was I was never bored. This is a great movie and you should see it. 10/10.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 5:32 pm

The Lady from Shanghai (1947)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Lady-3

I watched a few movies with Kitty. I been wanting to watch this for a long long time! This was a really good drama with a bunch of twists and turns. Someone asks our main character Michael O'Hara to pretend to kill him before he ends up getting killed for real! Great movie. 9/10.

Seven Samurai (1954)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 6a00d834540bc569e200e54f48d1158833-800wi

This was a great movie about a village needing help from invading bandits. Without any money to give they seek out any samurai that might help them. They get 7 men to help them. The 7 samurai help fortify the village and train the people to fight the bandits. This is a classic and a must see! 10/10.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next