Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 10:13 pm

The Incredible Mr. Limpet (1964)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 5908_4_screenshot

This is a movie about Don Knotts wanting to become a fish and he fall into the water and turns into one. He wanted to join The Navy as a human but was unable to do so since he was unfit. But as a fist he's able to spot German U-Boats and mines. So he helps The Navy cross The Atlantic Ocean. He gets The Navy to give him the rank of Lieutenant and has them send money to his wife. I wasn't too hot on the climax battle. This film is okay. 5/10.

Gulliver's Travels (1939)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Gulliver2

This is based off of Jonathan Swift's famous story. Of course it doesn't cover everything like the land of the giants which is true of many of it's movie adaptions. This was a good animated version. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 12:49 pm

Brute Force (1947)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Bruteforce1947_678x380_10262012072539

This was a thrilling film about prisoners attempting to start a riot and escape from jail. Hume Cronyn did a great job as a sadistic prison guard. The climax was very exciting. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 1:37 pm

10 Cloverfield Lane about a week ago

My friends thought it was one of the best movies they've seen recently and easily a 9 or better while I thought it was honestly just average (7-7.5).

Their main point was that the acting was amazing and yeah there really was great acting in it. John Goodman clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 5:14 pm

The Secret Garden (1949)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 The_Secret_Garden_3035250k

I really enjoyed this movie. It's about this girl who's parents die in India so she has to move in with her uncle in England. He has a son who's legs don't work. The girl, the son and some other kid work on resorting a locked up garden in secret. 8/10.

The Wizard of Oz (1939)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Wizard-of-oz

As you all know this is a classic movie. I still enjoy watching it to this day. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:12 am

The Adventures of Prince Achmed (1926)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Princeachmedsmallweb

This was a amazingly beautiful animated film. Like clay animation the figures had to be moved and shot bit by bit. It took Lotte Reiniger three years to make this film and I thank her for it. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 3:45 pm

Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Manos1_610_407shar_s_c1

Wow. This was a terrible film. All the had was this camera that looks like it for making home movies. And it can't pick up audio so everything is dubbed in. And they don't have sound effects like doors shutting.

The film was so fucking dull. The most entertaining thing in this movie was the the character Torgo. The actor was high on LSD while the movie was being made. Like he's twitching and all fucked up during the movie. And he was supposed to be a goat man but decided to not go with that. But they had him wear the gimmick away so his knees look huge.

Outside Torgo the film is mostly dull and stupid. Like The Master's slaves have a huge cat fight and it ends up still being mostly boring. Don't watch this. 1/10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:54 am

Changeling starring Angelina Jolie
I thought it was very good. Can't believe it's based on a true story Shocked 8/10
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 10:57 pm

The House by the Cemetery (1981)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 1402698480809

I didn't enjoy Lucio Fulci's The Beyond. This movie is the squeal to that it. Sort of. I guess. You wouldn't know by just watching them. Or maybe I'm just missing something here.

I just watched this because it was one of the movie playing on TCM's Underground for the week.

Well this movie was better than The Beyond. At least there's some kind of story you can follow this time.

You know how people act stupid in horror films? Well it's turned up in this movie. And it was really annoying. And the fight scenes between the people and the monster are horrible.

Just like with The Beyond the ending pissed me off. I sat through all the build up and again I get screwed over in the end. At least the ending wasn't a big fuck you like The Beyond's was I guess. I felt it was really underwhelming. 4/10.

Burnt Offerings (1976)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 7dfaa366ccbeb9c0ac95e91ca98a8b83

Man Anthony James really looked creepy in this movie.

This was really enjoyable. This movie was a lot like The Shinning before that story existed.

The worst thing I could say about this movie is that it's predictable.

It's also annoying how Ben holds off escaping the place overnight instead of trying to get the hell out immediately. But it probably didn't matter anyway. 7/10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Deadpool: 5/5
Ant-Man: 2/5 (i felt this one to be pretty boring and i had a hard time keeping interest throughout)
Fantastic Four (2005): 5/5
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer: 3/5
Fantastic Four (2015): 3/5 (Doom was pretty badass in this film regardless of what anyone says)
Guardians of the Galaxy: 4/5
Iron Man: 4/5
Iron Man 2: 5/5
Iron Man 3: 2/5
Daredevil: 2/5
Elektra: 3.5/5
Captain America (1990): 3/5 (For a movie nobody wants to really remember, this wasnt that half bad)
Captain America: The First Avenger: 4/5
Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 5/5
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Manhunter (1986)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Manhunter-03

I watched this with my parents. The internet was being slow so they couldn't watch movies on Netflix. So I popped this in the Blu-Ray player.

It's one of my favorite movies of all time. My Dad slept through it but my Mom enjoyed it. 10/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptySun May 01, 2016 3:40 pm

God Told Me To (1976)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Godtoldmeto2_758_426_81_s_c1

This was such a strange fucking movie. It starts off with all these killing sprees. All the killers say they killed because god told them to.

Well out protagonist end up being like alien Jesus with his mother being abducted and being impregnated. He has a brother who offers to have his baby. But the detective decides against it and kills him instead. He ends up in a mental institution.

This film was quite suspenseful but it was just too out of this world for me. 5/10.

It Lives Again (1978)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 4373402_l2

I thought a movie about killer mutant babies would be horrible. While it was annoying to hear the babies whine I was actually pleasantly surprised by this movie. The acting is good and it gets quite suspenseful. I also thought it was very funny as well. This is what a low budget B horror film should be. At least the people here put on a effort. 5/10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:59 pm

I was getting ready for Cival War over the past 2 weeks, so I've done just a Brief catch up, following where all the infinity stones maybe currently.

Avengers 4/5
-my opinion on this move has changed, before this I couldnt stand it, but I actually loved what I saw and was a brilliant film all up.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron 3.5/5
-My opinion has changed as well, on this one. I really enjoyed it and thought it was an overall good movie.

Captain America: Winter Soldier 4/5
-I always enjoyed this Captain America movie, however it feels like it gets dragged out too much.

Thor 2:forgot the title 4/5
-Really loved this movie; and the cut scene after the credits with the Collector was awesome.

Guardians Of The Galaxy 5/5
-My favourite marvel movie of all time.

Captain America: Cival War 5/5
-I ain't gonna say much, but the fact it was Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 10:41 pm

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey and all I can say is that Kubrick is a fucking mastermind.

I'm about to marathon a lot of his movies including Dr. Strangelove, Barry Lyndon, Full Metal Jacket, and Clockwork Orange.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 11:06 pm

He was indeed good job

Soylent Green (1973)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Soylentnature

I been looking forward to seeing this for a long time. It never seems like Charlton Heston has any luck going to the future.

I was surprised to see Edward G. Robinson in this film! This movie was his 90th film and his last. The final scene he ever filmed was really emotional. Heck even Charlton Heston cried for real.

This is a interesting film on a future where The Earth is overpopulated by humans. Outside people's apartment rooms there's hungry people all over the place in this movie.

The twist ending is great. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 6:51 pm

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 2D26991D00000578-3262569-The_Rocky_Horror_Picture_Show_cast_got_together_for_the_first_ti-m-62_1444171559161

This movie was a fun over the top musical. A lot of random things happen but at least it's funny or moves the plot forward.

The music is great! I bought the soundtrack even before the movie was over. Science Fiction/Double Feature is great.

This is the perfect midnight movie. 8/10.

Der Fan (1982)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 DerFanEckhartSchmidt1982avi_0016144

I watched this Kitty. He didn't like the end of the movie where the girl cut up the pop star R and ate him. 5/10.

Blacula (1972)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 9046562_orig

Kitty and I had time for another film so I thought Blacula would be a good fit for the night. This film was a funny blaxploitation film. I mean seriously who didn't laugh at the idea of this movie? 6/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 5:17 am

Soul Plane (2004)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 MV5BMTUxODM0ODk3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTAyNzczMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_

I watched this because Kevin Heart was in it. Man it was such a boring film. I don't know maybe I just don't know black humor. 2/10.

The Revenant (2015)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 The-revenant-review-1

I watched this because it won all those awards of course. I enjoyed this movie. It was fun to see what crazy thing would happen to Leonardo DiCaprio next.

The editing wasn't the best. Or maybe it's better to say I didn't like how the story jumped from place to place. Okay things happened and it took me a minute to figured out "Oh it was the dude that we seen before that something happened to."

I also didn't think Leonardo DiCaprio was big enough to be someone like Hugh Glass. But whatever. I guess he would have lost muscle mass not eating. I don't know.

It's not a classic but I'd recommend it. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Der Fan sounds like a mentally challenged person trying to say dolphin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 4:42 pm

It's German Razz

Norm of the North (2016)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 16-norm.w529.h352

The only reason I rented this was because it was about a polar bear. I thought this movie was going to have some kind of environmental message but no that would have made it too interesting. No this movie is about the rich dude trying to build condos in The Arctic of all places.

This movies is terrible. The plot is stupid. The villein is stupid. Stupid jokes are overused. And the filmmakers took out a lot of suspense since they decided to mess with the film timeline. That's fine but there's no reason to think Norm dies since he's telling the story of this film at the beginning!

I'm ashamed to say I really laughed at a gay joke Norm made in the movie. I guess I just wasn't expecting something like that in a kids movie. 3/10.

Bell Book and Candle (1958)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Bellbookcandle-pye-and-kim853

I was just checking out what was playing on TCM and I saw the amazingly sexy Kim Novak and decided to watch.

So this is about a witch who wants to get back at this woman. She decides to do it by casting a spell on her fiancée and steal him from her.

Problem is the witch ends up falling in love with the man. This is a weird story but I thought the ending was very touching. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Citizen Kane.

Loved the story line a lot.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Annie Hall (1977)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 73989387698

This was a nice, funny and emotional story. Woody Alan is this awkward dude (Who would have figured?) who meets this woman named Annie Hall. Alan narrates his life with her. This was a really good movie. 8/10.

Crisis (1950)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 6a00d8341c630a53ef01287646a6ab970c-pi

Carry Grant is a doctor on vacation to Latin American with his wife when they get kidnapped by the government so that they can force him to save the country's dictator. And then the leader of a rebel group threaten to kill him if he saves the dictator's life. This is a very thrilling drama. 8/10.

Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Photo-plan-9-from-outer-space-1959-11

This movie is (in)famous for being one of the worst movies ever made. The is a really low budget horror film made by the infamous Ed Wood Jr.

The lighting changes from scene to scene. Like it's be gloomy and dark by a graveyard but light as day on a road only a few yards away. You can sometimes see the strings holding up the UFO props. It's obvious when stock footage is being used and when they switch over to their set. Some of the acting is atrocious. And the set for the airplane is so horrible!

The plot is stupid but the film has it moments. It's hard to not laugh at this film from time to time. Like it blew my mind when apparent advanced alien beings used words like stupid over and over again.

Not really worth seeing if you ask me. 2/10.

The Magnificent Seven (1960)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 The_magnificent_seven_70101

This is a American remake of Akira Kurosawa's classic Seven Samurai. I don't know what it was about this film but I just didn't get into The Magnificent Seven like I did Seven Samurai. There's a lot of actors that I love and know in this movie. It just doesn't have the same magic that Seven Samurai had. Maybe it's just they were trying to get too much done in 2 hours while Samurai was 3 and a half hours.

The score by Elmer Bernstein was excellent. And one improvement from Samurai is that we get a great antagonist in Calvera. 7/10.

Queen of Blood (1966)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 07

Man the film half of this film was so boring! The first half of this film is build up towards meeting this new alien life but it become really uninteresting.

So the film doesn't become interesting until an astronat crew find this female alien. They rescue her and bring her onto their ship. Things go bad when she drink a guy's blood when he's sleeping and kills him. If you wanted a good example of people being stupid in a horror film this is it.

The ending wasn't even thrilling. There's so many places they could have taken this film and they went with the most boring option. 5/10.
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:44 pm

Last movie I watched was Civil War. It was enjoyable, although I'm not a big fan of Iron Man or Captain America, I like the guys on their teams better.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Anger Management (2003)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Anger01

I'm not a fan of Adam Sandler or his movies. But when I read about this one on the TV guide I was looking forward to it. This movie did have it moments but some of it was too goofy for me. Like what the hell was up with the thing shooting electricity at Jack Nicholson's hair? 6/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Are We There Yet? (2005)

The kids in this movie really annoyed me. I don't know anyone could really put up with them. But I guess they gave me a laugh here and there. 3/10.

Are We Done Yet? (2007)

Outside John C. McGinley's performance there wasn't much enjoyable in film. Ice Cube's family are just terrible. Clearly Cube is getting a raw deal but they won't back him up at all. In fact their gaga over the person that keeps screwing him over.

I was with Ice Cube until he decided to forgive Chuck (McGinley) because his wife died a few years ago... What the hell? He was costing Cube so much money and heartache but he hears the one thing and it changes his whole perspective on this guy? Fuck!

This is a horrible remake of Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream House. 2/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:04 am

I'm switching over to night shift so I hanged out in the camp's TV room and watched some movies.

In Time (2011)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 In-time1

We were watching TV and some girl who works in the kitchen wanted to watch this movie. I had no idea what to expect.

So in the world of this movie time is currency. At the age of 25 you're given a year to live. You may and will spend it. You can earn time through work or someone can gift you time.

I thought this movie was really interesting and the climax was suspenseful. 8/10.

Step Brothers (2008)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 333131-7d5d4898-8de5-11e3-bde5-79e0b0a6dde3

I don't know what's wrong with me but I enjoy Will Ferrell movies. I know they're stupid but they give me a laugh.

Some of the jokes got old and they took a few things too far for me. But whatever. It probably helped my enjoyment of this movie that I was in a room with friends and co-workers. 8/10.

True Grit (1969)

Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Entete

I was given a choice between some movies and I picked this one since I never seen it before.

I enjoyed it. The climax was fun and suspenseful. And the ending was heartwarming. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Step Brother was hilarious. I used to watch that movie all the time with my friend in PA. One of those really quotable movies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw?   Last Movie You Saw? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Saw?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next