HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

There is No ‘Prometheus,’ Only ‘Alien’

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

There is No ‘Prometheus,’ Only ‘Alien’ Empty
PostSubject: There is No ‘Prometheus,’ Only ‘Alien’   There is No ‘Prometheus,’ Only ‘Alien’ EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:06 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3362977/theres-is-no-prometheus-only-alien/

Just the other day Ridley Scott shocked us all by revealing plans for up to three Prometheus sequels. What he didn’t say was that he’s retitling them.

In an fresh interview with HeyUGuys, Scott firmly reveals that the new title to Prometheus 2 is Alien: Paradise Lost.

I can only assume that Prometheus has a lot of negative connotations being that it wasn’t well received (I still love it), so Fox and Scott have decided to insert Alien into the title to boost its market value.

In the aforementioned interview, Scott also explained that the “Prometheus” sequels would eventually interconnect with Alien, so maybe they decided it was best to have the title live in the same world?

Personally, I love this. Prometheus was always deceptive in its attempt to remove itself from the Alien-verse (like it was a bastard child or something), even though it was clearly a prequel.

I’d love to know what this means for Neill Blomkamp’s Alien sequel that’s currently in development. It had been mentioned that Scott had bumped it as to not conflict with his plans – but could Blomkamp’s vision be part of this series of three sequels? Maybe Fox has decided to pull a Star Wars and create a series of “stories” around the Alien universe?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

There is No ‘Prometheus,’ Only ‘Alien’ Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is No ‘Prometheus,’ Only ‘Alien’   There is No ‘Prometheus,’ Only ‘Alien’ EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Scott confuses me. I just hope he really doesn't make Blade Runner and Alien cannon to each other crazi

There is No ‘Prometheus,’ Only ‘Alien’

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1