HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"  Empty
PostSubject: Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"    Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"  EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 1:12 pm

Sigourney Weaver has revealed that she would like to film a fifth Alien movie.

The Hollywood actress said that she feels there is "more story to tell" with her character Ellen Ripley, following 1997's Alien: Resurrection.

The Jean-Pierre Jeunet movie was followed by the non-canon Alien vs Predator films and Ridley Scott's prequel Prometheus.

Speaking at a Q&A following a screening of Alien and Aliens at the Hero Complex Film Festival, Weaver said: "I feel there's a longing in certain groups of fans when I meet them for the story to be finished... We really left it up in the air and I feel a bit badly about that, because I was part of that decision-making process.

"I didn't want to make four and five in a bundle. I think it's hard to make these films all in a big lump. You need time to sort of let things resonate, so I can imagine a situation where we could at least finish telling [Ellen's] story."

Speaking about a fifth movie's possible plot, she said: "I don't think Alien belongs on Earth popping out of a haystack, which is where I was afraid it was going to go. I feel it should take place in the far reaches of the universe, where no-one in their right mind would go."

Weaver also said that there were "very few" people she would entrust a sequel to.

She added: "I certainly know young filmmakers who are interested in doing it. I haven't done anything about it, but it could happen, and I think that would be very satisfying, at least to me."

The cast of Aliens recently reunited after 28 years for a fan convention in Calgary.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus sequel is scheduled to be released in 2016.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"    Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"  EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:30 am

I would love if they made a fifth Alien movie. If Sigourney is up for it, then they should damn well go for it.
Back to top Go down
SOG
Jobber
SOG

PostSubject: Re: Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"    Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"  EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:55 am

I'd love a new Alien movie.

Especially if they ignored Alien3.. #bringbackHicks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"    Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sigourney Weaver wants Alien sequel: "There's more story to tell"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1