HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold" Empty
PostSubject: S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold"   S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold" EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:42 pm

One Post by @Snoopz
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold"   S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold" EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:37 pm

The audience’s attention is brought to the titantron, where Danny Diamond is seen backstage, with a familiar face; his girlfriend, Skye Sapphire.

Danny Diamond: ”Blood, sweat, tears … and gold. The only things that truly matter in the wrestling world. Two weeks ago, at Summer Sanitarium, I went one on one with one of the biggest men to ever step foot in an XWA arena. He took every hit I gave him and kept fighting. For that, I commend him. But in the end, as usual, I was the one having my hand raised after all was said and done. I got Powerbombed onto the ring apron, Gored off of that very apron and, hell, Thomas Barnez did something he never did before; he flew over the top rope. Beating me was so important to him that he went to lengths he had never gone to in the past. But, in the end, I proved once again that I am, definitively, the best wrestler in the world.  After the match, he tried to make it about him. My music stopped, Thomas got up and he soaked in the cheers from the crowd. I couldn’t allow that, now could I? I was victorious, not him. But my actions after the bell tolled thrice don’t matter. That’s in the past. I sent Thomas packing and, tonight, I do the same to James Best.”

Danny cracks a slight smile.

Danny Diamond: ”Heh, then again, who hasn’t sent James packing, yet? Such an unfortunate bit of news for James to wake up to; knowing that his last chance, his final chance, to become XWA World Heavyweight Champion will be destroyed by me. James, I’ve known you for a long time, so don’t take this personally when I say that wrestling just isn’t the place for you. You’ve tried and you’ve tried and you’ve tried, but no matter what you do, you can’t succeed. You’re just not cut out for this kind of work. I put Thomas out of his misery two weeks ago and, tonight, I’m doing the same thing to you. Bring you’re A game, because, if you don’t, to quote my good friend Jeff, you’ll be just – another – victim.”

Danny, again, lets out a smile, this one more noticeable than the first.

Danny Diamond: ”That brings me to Revolutionary Wars, the night that the Million Dollar Chamber takes place. Six men will enter this devilish structure, but only one will walk out as the Million Dollar Champion. In case you’ve forgotten, I’ve got some experience in devilish structures. Hell in a Cell with Lx-Tim and Shade, two Sixty Minute in Hell matches, shit, I’ve even been in a Million Dollar Chamber in the past. I know what it takes to win these types of matches. I’ve lost more blood than any human should even be able to lose inside structures like this. I know how dangerous it is and I’m perfectly willing to put myself through that if it means I get to become the XWA World Heavyweight Champion yet again. I don’t know who will be joining me in this cage, but I do know they won’t be winning. You can break my body. You can destroy my mind. Both of those things have happened before and I’m still standing here today. People look at me and see this gorgeous face and they forget what kind of demons I’ve dealt with in the past. I’m not just the best damn wrestler in the world, I’m the most blood thirsty. And you can bet your arses, I’m the most passionate about this industry. I am wrestling personified. If you want to fly, I’ll soar. If you want to grapple, I’ll make you tap. If you want to get hardcore, I’ll beat you to a bloody pulp. Anything you can do, rest assured, I can do it better.”

”The Prized Gem” stares into the camera, no smiles, but intensity seen on his face.

Danny Diamond: ”If I have to fight through James Best, Minkaro, Mark Storey and, yes, even Razor Xtreme, to become the XWA World Heavyweight Champion for the third time, I’m going to do it. There’s a reason I was inducted into the Hall of Fame this year and it sure as hell isn’t because I’m the best looking chap this company’s ever seen, despite that being true. It’s because I’m a bloody God. You look at anyone who has ever stepped foot in an XWA ring, or elsewhere, and I’m better than them. DC Henning, I’m better than him. Megaman, I’m better than him. Caleb Spires, I’m better than him. Mack, I’m better than him. Headhunter, I’m better than him. You name ‘em, I’m better. I’ve won countless awards and championships. I’ve beaten the very best this industry has to offer. I’ve done it all. So, why am I still here? Why am I still fighting even though I’ve already done anything and everything there is to do? Because I can. I have the ability necessary to do it, so why the fuck shouldn’t I? Heh. You want to know something really scary? I haven’t even hit my prime yet. I’ve been doing this for six years and I’m just getting started. I’m the best in the world and I’m not even the best I can be. That’s why I beat Thomas Barnez, that’s why I’m beating James Best, that’s why I’m beating all five other competitors in the Million Dollar Chamber and that’s why I’m beating whoever is the World Heavyweight Champion by the time I’m the Million Dollar Champion.”

Danny licks his lips, as if thinking about all of the people he’s going to beat is making him hungry for competition.

Danny Diamond: ”Let me tell you all a little story. When I was a child, my mother would make me get on my knees next to my bed, press my hands together and pray. I’d pray for my father so he would survive another night, fighting his battles in the ring. I’d pray for him to make it home safe after going up against legends of England. I’d pray for the chance to see my father home, happy and healthy. It was after I prayed that I realized, God doesn’t exist. If he did, surely my father would be home with us instead of out, fighting every night. Surely, my prayers would be answered. But then, as I got older, I realized something. God isn’t this literal being that lives in the sky, watching down on each and every one of us. God is inside us. God is that little bit of hope that we can do what we’ve always dreamt of doing. Here’s the thing, though. It’s up to us to find that hope. And, truth be told, it’s not something everyone can find. Only those who dig deep enough can reach it. You may be wondering why I’m talking about this. Don’t worry, I’m not here to preach and finger little children. My point is simple. I found the God inside me. However, I also found the Devil inside me. If God is the hope, what is the Devil? The Devil is the tools needed to utilize that hope – that barbaric, animalistic, demented mindset needed. It’s rare enough to find somebody who found the God inside of them, let alone somebody who found the Devil. Those who found both are the true forces that drive this world. To put it simply …”

Danny grins, once more.

Danny Diamond: ”I’m fucking amazing.”

He chuckles, ever-so-slightly, as Skye smiles next to him.

Danny Diamond: ”I’ve talked enough. I have an Australian to go be better than. Remember folks, diamonds are forever.”

Danny winks at the camera and walks off, Skye following him, as the show fades to commercial break.

PostSubject: Re: S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold"   S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold" EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold"   S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold" EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:09 pm

You're really the master of a complete promo! Start somewhere, end up somewhere else and take the reader on a completely journey to get to the end.
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold"   S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold" EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:11 pm

Fucking hell that God/Devil analogy is great.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold"   S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold" EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 4:56 pm

I agree. The God/Devil analogy was my favorite part. I also loved how as a fellow heel, Danny is still cocky about being the WHC but doesn't directly talk shit to RX. Good job. clap

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Storey
Show Opener
Storey

PostSubject: Re: S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold"   S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold" EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 12:57 pm

Not much I can add in terms of comments here, I feel like Greg said it best. I also enjoyed that last God/Devil section too, it felt completely different to anything I had read from others in that space. Great work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold"   S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold" Empty

Back to top Go down

S8) Danny Diamond - "Blood, Sweat, Tears & Gold"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1