HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christopher Nolan Sucks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

Christopher Nolan Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:20 pm

I think he's the most overrated director of the past 20 years.

The Dark Knight Trilogy was a mess. Batman Begins is easily the best of the three.

Inception was really not that good and rode its own hype train and Leo DiCaprio's star power.

Man of Steel is one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen.

The only thing that he's been a part of that was worth anything to me is Memento, and I hear that Interstellar is pretty good. I'll have to see that though to see if it's once again one of his overrated garbage-fests he's been pushing out for the last 10 years.

Feel free to debate this point. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:26 pm

interesting Opinion...

Christopher Nolan Sucks Tumblr_mov81k1RpI1rylr5to1_500
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:27 pm

I agree with Bull.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:28 pm

The Dark Knight Rises is probably the WORST superhero movie, I only put Man of Steel there because DKR was the third movie. It's hard even for good movies to have one good sequel let alone two. So I forgive it just a little bit.

However, Man of Steel had no excuse to suck. Other than it had every little bit of Nolan squeezed into it that they could possibly muster in a small 150 minute movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:34 pm

I highly disagree with you...but I respect your opinion

Christopher Nolan Sucks R7
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:35 pm

inb4 razor
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:37 pm

You're not feeding into my counter-culture bullshit Mad as hell

But in honesty, I don't try to hate these movies. I wanted to like a majority of them because of the source material but I honestly knew Man of Steel would piss me off when 20 minutes in (or so) Krypton hadn't exploded yet.

EDIT: To prove I'm not just an asshole who hates popular movies or someone who hates what the internet tells me to, here's a list of movies that I surprisingly DO like:

Adjustment Bureau is my FAVORITE movie.
TMNT 2014
Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2
The Hobbit 1 is my favorite thing that Peter Jackson has done, but the Hobbit 2 sucked so bad that I haven't bothered to see the Hobbit 3 yet.
Emperor's New Groove is my FAVORITE Disney movie. No nostalgic classic 90's kid answer.
Transformers 4 was HEAD AND SHOULDERS my favorite Transformers movie.

and others.

Last edited by Mr. Fahrenheit on Fri May 22, 2015 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:40 pm

I enjoy man of steel but I can see why some dislike it. The Nolan Batman movies I think are amazing, Dark Knight happens to be my 2nd favorite movie of all time. T2 being number 1. but again I can see how someone could dislike them, especially the 3rd one which I think was maybe the weakest of the three but I love all three to death.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:45 pm

Never saw Man of Steel, but I heard it was good, albeit not amazing.

I loved the entire Dark Knight trilogy, with TDKR being my least-favorite, but still loved.

I really liked Inception and The Prestige is amazing. Probably my second favorite Nolan film behind The Dark Knight.

Those are all I've seen from Nolan, though I have been interested in seeing some of his other work, but never got around to it. I think he's great. I mean, I think critics are cunts, but almost all of his movies get praised by them (and regular fans), so he must be doing something right.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:46 pm

Also Nolan was a one of the Producers of man of steel, not the director
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:48 pm

Don't get me wrong, The Dark Knight's scenes with Heath Ledger are some of the best things that have ever been on a TV/Movie screen. Period. He fucking nailed it on one of the best characters ever created. But the rest of the movie is.... boring. I watch the movie and any scene without the Joker I am bored and just waiting for him to come back.

Heath Ledger deserves the glory for that movie, not Nolan. And some people would argue that Nolan directed him to act like that, but Nolan is also the one who apparently lets Christian Bale grunt and heave like a fat and angry 6 year old for 99% of the movies. Ech. And it's not like any other characters really stand out or do a great job. If anything, I think talented actors were held back by Nolan or not guided properly.

And I know that Nolan didn't direct Man of Steel, but you can tell by the flow and tone of the movie that he had his hands all over the damn movie.

I haven't seen The Prestige. I probably should.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Man of Steel has many flaws but I still love it

and with the batman movies, yeah the grunty voice Bale did was silly a lot of the time. But I still think they're amazing movies imo.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptyFri May 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Bull wrote:
Man of Steel has many flaws but I still love it

and with the batman movies, yeah the grunty voice Bale did was silly a lot of the time. But I still think they're amazing movies imo.

I tried to like them. I didn't even realize how much I didn't like the Dark Knight until I watched it again about 6 months after seeing it the first time. The first time I saw it I also rode the hype train, because Ledger dominated and people talked up the movie to me so my attitude was right. I also love Batman so I was ready to like it on those grounds alone.

I'm not a fan of how... whiny he made Batman. You don't need to humanize an already-human character. Batman not showing fear and sadness is practically his superpower. But the whole time I felt like Christian Bale's Batman just felt sorry for himself through most of the trilogy.

I feel like the TV show Arrow does extremely well with a DC superhero who is so similar to Batman that it provides a perfect example. They do almost everything right in my eyes. I haven't seen any of season 3 yet, but it's just another reminder of what realistically could have been for Batman on the silver screen.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 8:01 am

My Nolan ratings are:

Interstellar - 4.5
TDKR - 5
Inception - 5
TDK - 5
The Prestige - 4
Batman Begins - 3.5
Insomnia - 3
Memento - 4
The Following - 1.5

So...I think he's a pretty good director >_>.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 8:47 am

TDK trilogy was amazing. Rises was an excellent film that only got heat cause it couldn't follow up on TDK, but it was still excellent. Man of Steel was really awesome.

I assume you love Joss Whedon, though? I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 12:45 pm

I actually HATE the first Avengers. I haven't seen the second one yet though. I'd still put Avengers above TDKR though.

Can someone defend The Dark Knight Rises for me? I'd love to hear its good qualities because when I see it, I'm just hung up on everything that it does wrong. The Dark Knight didn't do a lot wrong for me, other than being a little too long and boring when the Joker wasn't on screen. That AND the ending felt forced just so Gordon could have the (albeit cool) monologue at the end and say Dark Knight as the movie ended.

But yeah, someone describe to me why DKR is not only acceptable, but why it's GOOD. I can't get into it at all past "Yay, a Batman movie!!" and even that doesn't last because I like Animated Series Batman and Justice League Batman and Batman comics much more than The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Maybe overstepping my bounds, but I would rather watch Batman and Robin (Yes, the batnipples and Arnold Schwartzenager one) a dozen times before watching DKR again. Maybe it's just nostalgia or maybe it's because it's easier to succeed at campy, goofy, and over the top than serious and dark, but I feel like BaR succeeded in what they were going for and it's more fun for me to watch.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 5:27 pm

I don't think you understood the point of TDK trilogy. It wasn't meant to be a direct comic book adaptation, however they were great movies on their own. Can you explain to me how DKR sucked outside of not being a direct comic book version of Batman/Bane/etc? It was a great movie and trilogy even if Batman wasn't comic Batman. Now, I agree that comic book/JLA/DCaU Batman is MUCH better than TDK trilogy Batman, but those movies were still great movies on their own. Bane might have not been a big Hispanic merc with venom pumping through, but the character named Bane in DKR was an awesome character on his own. I look forward to BvS because I am excited to see a Batman from the comic universe on the big screen, but I also loved TDK trilogy.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 5:45 pm

I just watched Interstellar yesterday with Kitty. Both of us thought it was a amazing film.

I really enjoyed The Batman trilogy he made as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 6:11 pm

I'm not hating the movies for not being the comics. I have only heard about and been briefed about the DKR comic series. Never found the time for it since it's not canon. Flaws with the trilogy:

The first movie.... is pretty awesome. You won't catch me complaining about this movie much because I genuinely liked it and it was a fun Batman reboot. I like Batman source material. The only things I have to say about this movie are just some sloppy camerawork that could have either been prevented or reshot with the right director. I would be curious to find out how much Nolan opts to reshoot a scene or if he settles for his mistakes. The only other issue I have with the movie...... is that this movie is the origin of the dumbest voice to be taken seriously that I've ever heard in a movie. While all 3 movies have it, I will sin this movie for starting it. I don't know whose idea it was, but oh my GOD someone should have said something earlier.

The Dark Knight is an above average movie with great parts, but is overrated more than almost any other movie I could name. I haven't forgotten about the great parts, but I'm going to nag at the bad things because that's the point I'm making. The movie is fairly boring while Joker isn't on the screen. Go ahead, watch it and fast-forward through the scenes with Joker. Don't socialize or distract yourself with anything, and see if the remaining hour+ is okay. The Batman voice that is comparable to an angry fat 6 year old didn't improve. I know I already mentioned it, but the second movie could have fixed it. Give him some tech on his collar to disguise his voice or something. The voice takes me out of it a lot so I'm sorry I get hung up on it. And the ending where Batman has to get blamed for the death of Dent... someone has to explain that to me. Couldn't they have said that the Joker killed him? Or that he died in literally any other way? No, because it seems like they were more interested in having a cool monologue to end the movie than an explained ending that made sense. And while we're on Dent... his transformation seemed REEEALLY sudden. He's the best guy in town with an unbreakable moral fiber and a passion for the law...... now he's murdering asshole. Could they have had more of a reason than his kinda girlfriend dying? Could they have developed his character more and showed any hint of him being a closet psycho? Probably not with how long the movie already was, with stuff that could have honestly been cut or done faster. I know it was possible. I've been a part of productions that have shaved a 3 hour production into 2. Things can be done faster, smoother and better before you even need to start cutting clips. Just would have been nice to have character development somewhere in there like they did in the Animated Batman series.

Do I need to critique the DKR movie? I will but.... it seems pretty explanatory to me. Most fans of Batman don't defend it usually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 6:41 pm

You think Transformers 4 was amazing but hate TDK trilogy? Your opinions are now null and void.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Did I say it was amazing? I coulda sworn I just said it was by far the best Transformers movie. I ain't even gonna go back and check. I aint bothered

Either way, it was flawed but everyone knows what t expect with a Michael Bay movie. I'm not sayin he's underrated, he is what he is. Even then the movie wasn't even an amazing Michael Bay movie. Practically the only issue I had was that there wasn't enough robot dinosaurs. That's what I wanted to see more than anything and I only got 5 minutes of it.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 7:07 pm

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Dead. How can you say you like a shit movie like Transformers 4 and then expect anyone to take you seriously when you talk shit about a very critically acclaimed trilogy? I'm not saying ratings are the only thing that matters because I've loved a lot of movies that have gotten low ratings, but how can you shit talk something that is very acclaimed while praising something that was considered garbage?

You have the right to your opinion, but if you go and attack something that I like, I'm going to defend it. In this case, you're not saying "In my opinion, TDK sucked." you're saying "CHRISTOPHER NOLAN SUCKS! TDK TRILOGY IS OVERRATED!" so at this point, you can't complain that your opinions are being attacked.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Batman wrote:
how can you shit talk something that is very acclaimed while praising something that was considered garbage

Because other peoples' opinions don't dictate my own? I don't look at something that is popular or reviewed well and follow suit.

And I'm stating the case that Nolan sucks. I'm presenting this point as a fact because I'm meaning it to be persuasive or open to debate.

Yet again I say: I thought Transformers 4 was the best of the series. Not great. No Michael Bay movie is going to be. Once you realize that, going to them is much more easy to bare. So for a Michael Bay movie, which is what I went to see, Transformers 4 was entertaining. Had many problems, cliches, and movie-making sins, but it's like comparing apples an oranges.

Michael Bay's work is like a 1st grader's work. Are you going to shit on it and say it sucks or are you going to cut it some slack? If that same move were directed by J.J. Abrams I would have hated it because I expect more from him, just like I'd expect a college-level student to not turn in elementary school work.

If anyone wants to debate that the other Transformer's movies are better, ok. That's relevant. But misquoting me as saying "It's amazing" or even good. He did very well for what he is, which is the equivalent of a 1st Grader.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 7:21 pm

So you're saying it's ok to criticize a good director (Nolan) because his work is meant to be good, but you can't do the same to Michael Bay because his movies are known to suck? What is this logic?

Also, yes, you put out your opinion as if it were a fact. So it's open to debate, so I can tell you that it's a stupid opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Jobber
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks EmptySat May 23, 2015 7:31 pm

I'm not saying don't attack my opinions. I'm saying if you're going to do it, at least get what I say straight.

And it makes sense because it's acceptable for Michael Bay to turn out shit work. We expect it. He sticks to a low brow style and he sticks to action genres. His grading scale looks different than someone in a different style, genre, and reputation.

Nolan, however, has all this hype and is recognized as being so good but I don't see anything above average about his work.

How's this: Nolan is better than Bay. BUT, Bay is better at what Bay does than Nolan is at what Nolan does.

Nolan tries to be taken seriously so I grade him seriously. He aims for movies that are realistic so I fault them when they're not vs other movies that are impossible but the movie doesn't present itself realistically.

Hell, even in Michael Bay's TMNT they make fun of Batman's voice in the Nolan movies. I just remembered that. It's gotta be bad when Michael Bay is even taking his shots at it like he would have known better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Sucks   Christopher Nolan Sucks Empty

Back to top Go down

Christopher Nolan Sucks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next