HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong   Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Former WWE writer Kevin Eck has published a new blog over at KevinEckWrestling.com, and below are some excerpts on original WWE plans for the Lord Tensai character. For those unaware, Lord Tensai was played by current WWE NXT head trainer Matt Bloom, aka Jason Albert.

“When Bloom returned to WWE a few years ago, the intention was to make him a main-event-level monster heel, and the creative team was assigned to come up with a character for him. Among the pitches for Bloom were for him to be a masked mauler, an ex-prisoner in an orange jumpsuit and an American samurai.

I was of the belief that the best option was to give him a cool-looking mask with black ring attire that showed the tattoos on his upper body but covered his ample midsection. The more we hide his identity, I thought, the less chance the crowd will be chanting ‘Albert’ at him.

I also thought he needed a mouthpiece, and my suggestion was to hire James Mitchell as his manager. The samurai character was my least favorite. Of course, that’s the one we went with. And instead of a manager, he was given a follower who never spoke English named Sakamoto.”
Back to top Go down

Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong   Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong EmptyTue May 12, 2015 4:01 am

So, out of everything it had to actually go on and work, they deliberatedly decided to fuck up? Lolwwe.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong   Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong EmptyTue May 12, 2015 4:18 am

Dead wrote:
I was of the belief that the best option was to give him a cool-looking mask with black ring attire that showed the tattoos on his upper body but covered his ample midsection. The more we hide his identity, I thought, the less chance the crowd will be chanting ‘Albert’ at him.

I also thought he needed a mouthpiece, and my suggestion was to hire James Mitchell as his manager. The samurai character was my least favorite. Of course, that’s the one we went with. And instead of a manager, he was given a follower who never spoke English named Sakamoto.”

I actually do like the sound of this idea, but the problems with it are fairly obvious.

1) Black ring attire that shows his tatttoos but covers his midsection = black vest? Like Abyss.

2) Cool looking mask. Like Abyss.

3) Father James Mitchell as manager. Like Abyss.

I know that's not a huge comparison, but it's enough for some fans to start saying "OMG WWE RIP OFF TNA," and maybe that's why they thought against it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong   Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

Former WWE Creative Writer Reveals Original WWE Plans for Lord Tensai, Explains What He Feels Went Wrong

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1