HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer Empty
PostSubject: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:46 pm

http://411mania.com/music/kurt-cobain-solo-recordings-to-be-released-this-summer/

According to Brett Morgen, there are plans to release an album of Kurt Cobain’s solo recordings over the summer. The Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck director told Bedford and Bowery that an LP-length release of material that the Nirvana frontman recorded on his own will be released in the next few months.

“We’re going to be putting out an amazing album this summer that I think will answer that question,” Morgan said when asked whether there were any “still-unreleased gems” in the 200 hours of recordings he discovered while researching the film. He said that the LP “will feel like you’re kind of hanging out with Kurt Cobain on a hot summer day in Olympia, Washington as he fiddles about. It’s going to really surprise people.”

He added, “It’s not a Nirvana album, it’s just Kurt and you’re going to hear him do things you never expected to come out of him.”

The discovered material comes from 107 cassette tapes and includes demo tapes, Beatles covers, spoken word tracks and jams with both Nirvana and Courtney Love. Montage of Heck airs Monday on HBO.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:58 pm

I don't know why so many people still care about Cobain. I got that Nirvana album and the only good song on it was Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:03 pm

I am not ashamed to admit I like Cobain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:02 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
I don't know why so many people still care about Cobain. I got that Nirvana album and the only good song on it was Smells Like Teen Spirit.

There's more than one Nirvana album  JB!
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:37 pm

In my personal opinion, every Nirvana song ever made is good (aside from maybe joke songs like Tourette's). Nirvana is one of the greatest bands to ever live. I feel like I can empathize with a lot of what Kurt's saying. Also, they've made many great songs aside from Smells Like Teen Spirit, like Heart Shaped Box, Lithium, Come As You Are, Breed, In Bloom, Been a Son, Rape Me, Polly, Stay Away, and wayyy more. They are one of, if not the best band(s) to ever exist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:00 pm

"No One dies a Virgin, because life fucks all of us."
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:17 pm

I like it, I'm not gonna crack
I miss you, I'm not gonna crack
I love you, I'm not gonna crack
I killed you, I'm not gonna crack
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Hey! Wait! I got a new Complaint!
Forever in debt to your priceless advice!

...Anyway, I love Nirvana. They were far from the greatest, but they definitely had an impact. As for this new CD, I'm definitely gonna give it a listen when it comes out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Nirvana was good, but I wouldn't consider them the best band. Maybe back in that era though. But not all time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:23 am

MooseNugget wrote:

I totally agree with you Moose
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptySat May 02, 2015 9:51 am

Nirvana's best contribution to the music world was Dave Grohl.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:18 pm

This'll be interesting. My cousin got me into Nirvana a while back lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Nirvana is recognized as one of the best grunge bands of all time. One of the best bands overall? That's up for debate. For all we know, they could of ended up like Alice in Chains did when they drastically changed their sound for their selftitled album, and that album clearly wasnt the best of the 3 when Layne Staley was alive.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Cobain wasn't a very smart person. He did marry Courtney Love after all Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:42 pm

That's why I said, IN MY OPINION, Nirvana is one of, if not the, best band(s) of all time. Not just due to their contributions (including Dave Grohl), but their artistry in their music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer   Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer Empty

Back to top Go down

Kurt Cobain Solo Recordings To Be Released This Summer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1