HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner Empty
PostSubject: Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner   Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:25 pm

From Cagesideseats

At WrestleMania 31, John Cena broke out a Springboard Stunner against Rusev. He's been using the move ever since, in matches with the likes of Stardust and Bad News Barrett. Naturally, this has led fans to ask Stone Cold Steve Austin how he feels about it.

Austin has beef with it, but maybe not for the reason you think.

From The Steve Austin Show today:

"It was brought up to my attention in several e-mails that I got but I never discussed it. ... Here's the thing: People ask me 'Steve, hey man, what do you think about that?' First of all, it's obviously reminiscent of the Stone Cold Stunner but here's my biggest beef with it: It's such a dynamic move and it requires such precision and timing, because his foot could slip on that rope, guys are wearing baby oil, they're sweating, anything could happen, so that move is very precise. But when you hit that move, why don't you establish it and get a couple of three counts out of it? So then when Rusev kicks out of it, or whoever kicks out of it, if they do, it means something. So they could have had another ace up his sleeve had he actually beaten people with it. ... My point is had they looked further down the road than the short term he would have had a real valid great badass finish than just a set up which now means nothing."
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner   Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:53 pm

I agree that it looks way more impactful than the AA, but at the same time, finishers in wrestling aren't always the 'hardest' move for a wrestler. IE: Makes no sense that Kallisto's headscissors facebuster is a signature when it looks way more impactful and painful than his sit-out reverse DDT or w/e. Or that Dean's tornado DDT is a signature whereas his regular double-arm DDT is a signature. The most impactful move isn't always the finisher, that's just how wrestling is.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner   Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:55 am

Over time, it just becomes common place for former finishing moves to become regular moves. It always happens. I think it looks awesome and that's all I care about. He wasn't looking for another finishing move, he was looking for something cool.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner   Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 12:06 pm

As Bryan Alvarez put it...

Why would a 37 year old with John Cena's career and the physical toll he's taken on his body adopt a move where he jumps backwards from the middle rope and lands on his ass? He's not gaining anything from using it, accept for maybe a life with multiple back surgeries down the road...

Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner FJBloTX
Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner   Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 1:55 pm

^Is he trying to say that John Cena, who's close to breaking Ric Flair's World Title Reigns record, is also wanting to break Hulk Hogan's record on back surgeries? :o
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner   Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:15 pm

He does it because the dude gets regularly haunted with that 5 move shit Funny
Back to top Go down
MFiSG
Middle Carder
MFiSG

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner   Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:35 pm

^
And that's exactly what it feels like every time you watch him do it, or those rare occasions when he does a hurricanrana. "Cena's only doing this to shut everyone up." Funny
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner   Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:16 pm

So true Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner   Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 10:44 pm

I feel bad for him for that exact reason. He is already a good wrestler, but idiots still boo him so he has to do shit like that for no reason. I mean, I dont mind him busting out a new move every here and there, but that's just pointless since he's only doing it to appeal to morons that will hate him NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner   Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner Empty

Back to top Go down

Stone Cold's problem with Cena using the Springboard stunner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1