HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania Empty
PostSubject: Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania   Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 1:36 pm

Josh Lopez spoke with former WWE Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella on The Pro Wrestling Experience. For the full interivew, click here.

Below are some highlights of the interview:

Update on his injured Neck:

“Not too good. Wish I could report better, when I had the initial surgery I feel little bit better and started training and then two of the screws came out, so we had to go in and take out all of the titanium. Little set back with regards of the fact that your body tends to overreact with that type of surgery. Your neck tightens up and it’s effecting other parts of your back. It’s getting there.”

His Experience at WWE:

“It’s crazy because like now because of youtube. People will send me links all the time and so many fun and great moments there. Wrestling has been great. The locker room has always been great since I’ve been there. Traveling the world putting on shows and for me it’s pure fun getting out there and I tell people that I wrestle for free I just get paid to drag my bags around.”

Performing at WrestleMania:

“It’s Sport Entertainment yet you get this playoff feeling in your stomach. You up your training and take it seriously. There’s tension. It seems like any sports entertainer is going to be not judged but significantly remembered for there WrestleMania moments. It’s all about legacy. I love performing at WrestleMania. I’ll be down there this year to enjoy the event as a fan and I’ll be doing a couple signings at Axxess and looking at the card for this year’s Mania I can’t wait to enjoy the show as a fan for this WrestleMania.”

How will CM Punk fare in the UFC?

“Well it’s interesting. Punk is a super cardio efficient athlete. He’s very meticulous with his training. He trains hard. When he puts his mind on a particular thing he’s put his . Definitley has the skills as athlete to be a solid fighter and he trained in jiu jitsu. Has he been studying? I knew that he did karate as a kid, how’s his kickboxing/boxing that’s the only thing I’m worrying about. I’m only worrying cause I don’t know he could be kickboxing at rufus sports right now as we speak (laughing). He’ll have to be a high level and that’s the hard part.”

On Roman Reigns:

“The future. I see that everybody saying “Oh they’re pushing and shoving down our throats”. You complainthat you wanted something new and here it is and yet you’re still complaining. He’s a high caliber athlete. Very nice guy. Very locker room oriented guy. The industry is going to be in good hands.”

https://www.spreaker.com/user/6255175/santino-marella-interview
Back to top Go down

Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania   Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 1:51 pm

COuldn't read the entire arcticle without mentally adding an italian-american accent to it.

He's right about Roman though.
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Show Opener
Luigi

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania   Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Realt wrote:
I see that everybody saying “Oh they’re pushing and shoving down our throats”. You complainthat you wanted something new and here it is and yet you’re still complaining.

I hate it when people say that bullshit. When we meant something new, I don't think people were talking about John Cena specifically, they were talking a new type of top guy. To me, Roman Reigns is the same as John Cena.. just a new look. When we meant something new, we meant a DANIEL BRYAN, DEAN AMBROSE, DOLPH ZIGGLER, CESARO, etc.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania   Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:58 pm

It wouldn't have been as bad if WWE didn't try to make Reigns the next John Cena and made him do goofy Cena like promos.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania   Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:58 pm

People wanted "Something New", but got the same thing with a new face.

Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania FJBloTX
Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania   Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania Empty

Back to top Go down

Santino Marella Talks Fan Reaction to Roman Reigns, CM Punk in UFC, Performing at WrestleMania

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1