HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

[Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White Empty
PostSubject: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:33 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3333380/rumor-marvels-new-spider-man-wont-white/

Quote :

This morning the awesome dudes at /Film ran an article that seems to be stirring the pot of the Miles Morales for the MCU movement, and frankly I couldn’t be more pleased about it. The article goes into detail that TheWrap’s Jeff Sneider dropped the news during an appearance on the Meet the Movie Press podcast:

Listen, this is not set in stone guys, but I’m telling you right now, Spider-Man’s not going to be white. Spider-Man’s not going to be white. I’m 95% sure. Spider-Man’s going to be most likely black. But there’s a chance he could also be Latino. 95% sure, not white.

Sneider stops short of saying the new Spider-Man will be Miles Morales but adds, “I don’t think it’s going to be Peter Parker.”

As with any rumor, we’d caution you to take this info with a grain of salt. Marvel and Sony haven’t said anything, and there’s still time for them to make up their minds. That said, Sneider tends to be reliable and responsible. It’s unlikely he’d make such a major claim without some good inside info.

Interestingly, Sneider thinks the Sony hack may have played a role in the decision to cast a non-white Spider-Man.

I really feel strongly. Sony has an opportunity to beat Marvel and DC to the punch with a major black comic book character. Like I mentioned last week, the emails that leaked were perceived as racist in some quarters. I really think that’s going to play into things.

If the Sony hack did have something to do with this decision I can see it as being a smart move by the company to try to at least appear to save grace, but it could also allow for the tried and true, Peter Parker origin story to finally be left behind. I can’t imagine any audiences are keen on seeing a rehash of Peter’s origin, and frankly, the world of cinema is ready for Miles Morales. It’s something dynamically different that would allow the “Marvel” version of the character to stand out, and something that the MCU could take responsibility for, and even land the first major black superhero on screen before Black Panther. PLUS we could have an alternate universe where Peter Parker simply never existed leading to an eventual on screen team up with Miles and Peter, and allowing the old plans to come back into the fold. I KNOW that’s wild, but so are comic books.

This new Spider-Man gets his first solo film on July 28, 2017. However, he’s expected to debut in Captain America: Civil War, due out May 5, 2016.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Yeah, but people are still going to bitch and go "SPIDEY ISN'T WHITE??!!!1111" and they won't know Miles Morales.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:37 pm

I would love to see a Miles Morales movie, but not for this version. Civil War Spider-Man is supposed to be Peter Parker, not Miles Morales. Sod off with all that "white" "black" bullshit, it's not that he's black or white, it's that he's a different character.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Batman wrote:
I would love to see a Miles Morales movie, but not for this version. Civil War Spider-Man is supposed to be Peter Parker, not Miles Morales. Sod off with all that "white" "black" bullshit, it's not that he's black or white, it's that he's a different character.

Yes, and Marvel should follow the comics 100% despite there being different versions.

So I guess in Age of Ultron, Natasha Romanov (Black Widow), Steve Rogers (Captain America), Clint Barton (Hawkeye), Tony Stark (Iron Man), Nick Fury, & Sam Wilson (Falcon) are all going to die since Ultron kills them all at one point.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:43 pm

That's an insanely stupid and ridiculous comparison Funny

You're taking using something basic - like using comic book characters that were IN THE STORY and interpreting it as using the comic as a script. Don't be stupid, the two are not even remotely related.

In comic books, it's not about the personas but the names. When a graphic novel is made, the main characters are issued. The main characters of Civil War are NOT Iron Man, Captain America, and Spider-Man. They are Tony Stark, Bucky Barnes, and Peter Parker. Please, learn to comic.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:55 pm

The point I'm making is why does everything need to follow the comics 100%?
It doesn't. MCU doesn't need to follow the comics. So they could have a different Spider-Man be in the Civil War. Just like they're gonna have to do without any X-Men.

Also, according to http://marvel.wikia.com/Civil_War_(Event) it's Steve Rogers, not Bucky Barnes.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:58 pm

I meant Steve Rodgers.

Anyway, that point I was making is that THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M SAYING. It doesn't need to follow the comics 100%, that's the argument YOU tried using. However, it should at least get down the main characters correctly. In Civil War, the main characters are Peter Parker, Tony Stark, and Steve Rodgers. It's a huge turning point for PETER PARKER.

Not only that, but the fact that Peter hasn't been introduced in the MCU yet would make Miles being introduced completely senseless since Miles was inspired by Peter.

Just admit it's a sad ploy to try and add "diversity," when in reality this would be a HORRIBLE idea.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 pm

Batman wrote:
I meant Steve Rodgers.

Anyway, that point I was making is that THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M SAYING. It doesn't need to follow the comics 100%, that's the argument YOU tried using. However, it should at least get down the main characters correctly. In Civil War, the main characters are Peter Parker, Tony Stark, and Steve Rodgers. It's a huge turning point for PETER PARKER.

Not only that, but the fact that Peter hasn't been introduced in the MCU yet would make Miles being introduced completely senseless since Miles was inspired by Peter.

Just admit it's a sad ploy to try and add "diversity," when in reality this would be a HORRIBLE idea.

If you follow the comics and want things done a certain way (for example, Miles being inspired by Peter) then yes, it's a HORRIBLE idea.

But if you want superheroes just fucking fighting then nope, not horrible. Fuck it, let it be Spider-Woman.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:02 pm

You REALLY don't know much of comic books and comic book related movies, do you? Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Batman wrote:
You REALLY don't know much of comic books and comic book related movies, do you? Funny

To be honest, I don't care. Whether it's Peter Parker or Miles Morales, the MCU should be a separate entity than one of the many numerous universes in Marvel. You're saying it should be Peter Parker, Tony Stark, and Steve Rogers because in the comics, those are the major players. Well, that's the comics. So why not, in the movies, let it be Miles? Or y'know what? Instead of Spider-Man... let's go with Venom. Let's have Venom be a major player instead. It should be a different entity; a different universe. Like how there's two running versions of Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch; one for the X-Men universe and one for the Avengers. Of course they need to take inspiration from. That doesn't mean they need to follow a standard story-line already set in place.

For all we know, Thor and Captain America are going to die in Age of Ultron. After all, they keep teasing it. So maybe Sam Wilson will take Captain America's place. This is all stuff that the creators can do.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Because that's retarded and it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. That's an excellent way to shit on your fanbase. Once again, if you knew about comics and comic book culture, you'd know why that's a stupid idea.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Let me try this a different way.

The Walking Dead is a comic book series.
The TV show follows elements of it, but still changes things, such as when characters are introduced, when they die, if they die, and how they die. These are not the only changes though.

Do you find that acceptable, yes or no?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Yes, now let me try this a different way.

The Walking Dead is a comic book series.
The TV show follows elements of it, but still changes things, such as when characters are introduced, when they die, if they die, and how they die. These are not the only changes though.
But what if instead of that, they changed all the main characters, used some elements of the comic book story but then completely changed the story, and made all the zombies into superpowered mutants that shoot laser beams out of their eyes.

Is that acceptable?

Once again, you continue to assume that I am saying to follow the comic books 100%. I'm not saying that, but if you're going to use the story, at least follow the MAJOR ASPECTS of it - like the 3 most important characters.

Everything you're saying here doesn't apply whatsoever to what we're talking about.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Batman wrote:
But what if instead of that, they changed all the main characters, used some elements of the comic book story but then completely changed the story, and made all the zombies into superpowered mutants that shoot laser beams out of their eyes.

Is that acceptable?

Honestly? Yes. Poor choice of an argument there. That sounds amazing. No more Carl. No more Eugene. And mutants with laser beams?! Happy

Anyway. All I'm saying is for one character change. I don't see the big deal in one character change I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:50 pm

Because it's not a small character change. It's a major character change. Like, really really big. Peter is one of the three main characters of Civil War, he has to be in it. What was the use in going through that big hassle to get the rights to Spider-Man just to change him for a sad attempt to add diversity? it's stupid and pointless.

If you want to add diversity, do it the right way. By making new characters that people will love. IE: Batwoman, Cyborg, Black Panther, etc. and use them fitting. But that's a completely different argument.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Others probably thinking this:

[Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White Tumblr_nh02j8AMr41tr18xoo1_400
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Who cares what filthy casuals think? I aint bothered

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Just going to enter this thread and maybe have an opinion or two...

Batman wrote:
Who cares what filthy casuals think? I aint bothered

[Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White I2FW44AuERydU
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:28 pm

ROFL!

I'm sorry Mink. You know you're always welcome. walk

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:22 am

I hope he's Mexican Illegal Mexicans
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:24 am

When he talks everyone is going to think he's a luchador Thirsty Mofos

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:03 am

Miles Morales is half black, half hispanic. And he's also bisexual/gay I believe.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:25 am

A gay Spiderman?

Ha, suck on that Emma Stone. Except you can't, BECAUSE HE'S GAY

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 5:25 am

Taco Man, Taco Man. Does whatever a Taco can!
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 9:10 am

I'm completely fine with Miles Morales being the Spidey in Civil War.

If Thor ain't living on Earth, I'ma be pissed they follow the rest of the comics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White   [Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White Empty

Back to top Go down

[Rumor] Marvel’s New Spider-Man Won’t Be White

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next