HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan Empty
PostSubject: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 8:35 am

According to the most recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, no matter how much fans get behind Daniel Bryan, cheer for him at live events, and make their voices heard via social media, WWE executives do not see Bryan as a main event player capable of being the face of WWE, and will not “cave” in this year as they did last year for WrestleMania 30.

As we reported earlier in the week, current creative plans call for Daniel Bryan to face Dolph Ziggler at WrestleMania 31, and as of now the match is being discussed as the pay-per-view’s opening bout.

Previous WrestleMania plans called for Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus III, and it appears as if Bryan has never been discussed for the main event at ‘Mania, and will not be put into the bout despite what fans might want.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:45 pm

lol yes they will

WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan FJBloTX
WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Fail!

Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Lol "caving," like it's a competition between them and the fans. Like giving people what they want is somehow "losing."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:18 pm

I seriously doubt vince is going to let the fans make him chance his main event again. He is going to be more stubborn then ever with this and won't cave in. Somehow Vince will always get his way, even if the fans don't like or his wrestlers don't like it. Its going to hurt the company, but I think he is more focused on showing the fans they are not the ones in charge.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Well I'm not buying WM 31 so there's that Thirsty Mofos

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Vince will balk. It probably won't be Bryan, but don't be surprised if it's Rollins.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Lol they think a proven wrestler isnt main event worthy yet someone whos shown hes not worthy....is.
Back to top Go down
Darth Dante
Show Opener
Darth Dante

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:44 pm

From a company's perspective, Daniel Bryan ISN'T the guy you want as the face of your company. People look at him in a shaded light. He is a great wrestler, no one doubts that. But to be the face of the company you need to be able to do more than simply tie a guy up in 200 different holds. He can't cut decent promos, he has little depth in the way of character as well, which is a major part of being the face of the company. He isn't even able to be a main eventer in general, let alone THE main eventer. He can't play a convincing Heel--he could have if his character had been more protected, then he could have done the heel work as he did on the indies where he just destroyed people in matches. He is not a complete wrestler is what I mean to say. At this point he'll never be, but he could be a good upper midcarder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:55 pm

And Roman Reigns can cut good promos? He has depth in his character? NAH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:56 pm

I wouldn't say he is just a upper midcarder. Daniel Bryan is a main eventer. However I believe with Bryan what really gets people attached to him (who aren't hardcore wrestling fans) is the thrill of the chase and the fact that he doesn't always win. Always something in his way that he must somehow get around. He is the ultimate underdog.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 7:07 pm

I don't get the people who say Daniel can't cut a promo. The dude is amazing on the mic and he always has been.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:22 pm

I can't really agree with the statement that Bryan can't cut a promo or doesn't have depth to his character. I don't see that at all.

However, I can understand not putting him in the main event of 'Mania again. The injury, while not Bryan's fault, has probably damaged his dependability in management's eyes. He'll have to go a while without injury before they're willing to take a chance on him again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:50 am

Bryan should just quit. Go join UFC, they'll pay him to lose to the Green Ranger or a guy who has 3 days off a week from sweeping high school gym floors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:10 am

Dante Cross wrote:
From a company's perspective, Daniel Bryan ISN'T the guy you want as the face of your company. People look at him in a shaded light. He is a great wrestler, no one doubts that. But to be the face of the company you need to be able to do more than simply tie a guy up in 200 different holds. He can't cut decent promos, he has little depth in the way of character as well, which is a major part of being the face of the company. He isn't even able to be a main eventer in general, let alone THE main eventer. He can't play a convincing Heel--he could have if his character had been more protected, then he could have done the heel work as he did on the indies where he just destroyed people in matches. He is not a complete wrestler is what I mean to say. At this point he'll never be, but he could be a good upper midcarder.

Shaded light? Daniel is a bearded long haired goon. This only translate to being the most hipster and trendy thing currently in American pop culture and counter culture. People who don't watch wrestling at all can look at him and say or think: "LOL -- WHATS THIS GUY ABOUT?!". Maybe you're socially retarded, surely you can live through social media and see this trend? Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat? No... still don't realize this is a broad base look and culture?

Yup, no one doubts he's a great wrestler. How is this bad? Reigns has his doubters, and no one - not even strong supporters of him - is ranting on and on about how he is a great wrestler. I think this is a spot were Reigns is MAYBE a solid B+ as a wrestler, MAYBE.

Daniel sure can put a guy in a 200 holds. Reigns can't do that at all. How is this a bad thing again? I think for comparisons sake, you're gonna want to DOWNPLAY the positives of the guy you are putting down -- Just saying! Now we are gonna talk about how he can't do more than that either. Oh. Wait. He can't do the aforementioned either.

Cutting promos isn't important if we are comparing here.... Mainly because Regins can't cut one. Not yet. So what does it even matter if you even THINK that Bryan can't? You're kinda just canceling that whole point out in itself. Before the Rumble i think we can agree Reigns cutting a promo isn't that important, mostly cause he can't do it. This seems like a dwarf calling another dwarf SHORT. Not really making any point or exposing some hidden gem here.

Reigns plays a convincing heel. A convincing babyface, i mean. Wait. Is there a difference? I think the fact he is wrestling heels now is the only difference. Is it? Idk. He looks the same, he talks the same. His tone, his attitude, his stare, his glare... Yeah all the same. In fact his gear is the same too. Also, he's the only one out of the 3 members of the Shield to NOT get new entrance music. His music is the same. I don't really think there is a difference. The booking is. That's about it. Guess he's not that convincing of a heel, or a babyface.

I don't really get the comparing of the two. First of all Bryan is more seasoned and more TALENTED. Reigns has a GREAT look, GREAT physique, and youth. I think both guys are great. Sure i want Bryan to get his spot back. I wasn't one of the people going nuts over Reigns winning. Maybe one day you'll learn that proving your point or having more interest in "this" over "that" is not limited to straight comparisons and nit picking.

Both have more talent and charisma than everyone on this board combined. So i respect that. You could try that too? Or not... you could just not i guess. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:18 am

Doom Los Rudos wrote:
I think this is a spot were Reigns is MAYBE a solid B+ as a wrestler, MAYBE.
B+ is high for Reigns Thirsty Mofos

WWE could do better to protect him. So of course the first person they put him with after The Rumble is The Big Show face palm

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:31 am

MooseNugget wrote:
Doom Los Rudos wrote:
I think this is a spot were Reigns is MAYBE a solid B+ as a wrestler, MAYBE.
B+ is high for Reigns Thirsty Mofos

WWE could do better to protect him. So of course the first person they put him with after The Rumble is The Big Show face palm

I'll give him a B-

Maybe The Big Show just really wants to put the kid over! KNOWWUTIMEANBROTHA!
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:01 am

He has passable ring work and he looks great. But if he keeps trying to work the style he did on SmackDown I'd give him a D-.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:07 am

Dante Cross wrote:

I nominate this as the worst post of 2015.

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:11 am

Yeah That

Making a topic right now.

EDIT: oh you already did Thirsty Mofos

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:01 pm

I third that nomination.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Dante's clearly one of those people who believe the "face of the company" has to be the hottest men. Because as I was reading his post, I couldn't help but to think he was also describing Roman Reigns in some aspects.

But he probably feels Roman could pull the face of the company off I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Quote :
Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), "Breaking Bad" -- Series creator Vince Gilligan had originally planned to kill off Jesse Pinkman at the end of the first season in what was supposed to be a botched drug deal as a plot device to plague Walter White with guilt. Gilligan made him a series regular, however, after Paul demonstrated a strong ability to act and his character proved to be so popular with audiences.

Vince McMahon would have killed Jesse halfway through the first season, just to teach that audience a lesson.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Funny

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan   WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Reportedly “Not Caving” to Fans This Year with Daniel Bryan

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next