HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:22 am

Bad News Bull wrote:
you know what is funny. The people who are really dogging on Reigns not being ready. *doesn't apply to everyone who is saying reigns isn't ready, but you know the type I am talking about*  are probably the same people who defend CM Punk's 08 reign and Daniel Bryan's 2011 title reign when they clearly weren't ready.

CM Punk cashed in on Edge because Raw needed a World Champion and CM Punk just so happened to be drafted to the brand.

Daniel Bryan's cash in lead to him doing the "Yes!" thing which caught on and pushed him towards the top of the card.

Both of these guys had to endure years of midcard limbo before they were finally ready for the big time. The only thing that Roman Reigns has done? Be apart of the Shield.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:40 am

Roman Reigns has had one career one-on-one PPV match. He's an unproven commodittee.

... What YEAR do you think he'll take his first one-on-one PPV loss? (Not counting MITB cash in) 2018? 2020?

HURRAY WRESTLING

Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 FJBloTX
Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:24 am

I've always thought Roman had the potential to become a really big star, but it's clear that he's not ready (from a booking standpoint, or even in developing his own talent) to be in the spotlight. It's clear he's being hotshotted to the main event because of some ill-conceived plan that was drafted up at WrestleMania XXX when Brock beat the streak. Maybe, maybe, if he hadn't been injured most of this year he would've been able to round himself out and be groomed for the spot he's being handed. However, as it stands, there were 3-5 guys in the Rumble who all would've made for better picks than Roman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:05 pm

I knew as soon as I said that people would defend both those shitty ass reigns. CM Punk was not ready in 2008 and Daniel bryan was not ready for the world title in 2011. WWECW CM Punk, when I think of bland internet darlings, that is who I think of. A cookie cutter babyface who all he had was flips and kicks. It wasn't until they tried again later when I learn that he was a legit talker. He was a white kofi kingston the year before. Also the title reign was fucking crap. The whole story was the fact CM Punk was a fluke champion.
CM Punk a year later was ready when he cashed it in on Jeff Hardy, and Pipebomb dropping CM Punk sure as hell ready. But WWECW CM Punk was nowhere near ready. WWE knew this and took the belt off of him as soon as they could and tried again a year later.

2011 Daniel Bryan was jobbing before he became world champion, zero momentum when he cashed it in. And when he became World champion he was just a fucking cookie cutter chicken shit heel. The only reason he became champion was to put focus on AJ Lee and to lose to 18 to sheamus.

those two reigns sucked. But the fact it's Daniel Byran and CM Punk makes everything better. Zero momentum cashing in their mitb briefcases, both made to look like fluke champions, both bland characters and cookie cutter characters. 

Like I said a year later that CM Punk was ready, Best in the world CM Punk was sure as hell ready, 2014 yes yes yes Daniel Bryan was ready.

Now with Reigns, do I think he is ready? No, he is not ready. I say give him one more year and I bet he will be ready. But then again who the fuck is ready nowadays with WWE cancerous creative pool?
Back to top Go down
fuse
Middle Carder
fuse

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:27 pm

Bad News Bull wrote:
But then again who the fuck is ready nowadays with WWE cancerous creative pool?
R-Truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:29 pm

R-trurth is above the title
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:10 pm

You're comparing two TOTALLY different things, Bull. If you can't see it, there's no reason to continue to explain it to you, especially since 3 others already did that nicely in the last page.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:20 pm

A little off-topic, but meh

I love how people make the argument "Ppl cheered for Reigns to beat Batista in the rumble last year, now they're booing him this year!"

People cheered for Reigns over Batista because they knew Reigns wasn't going to win. They only booed Batista because they wanted Daniel Bryan to win the rumble.

Guess what? This year, they're booing Reigns for THE EXACT SAME REASON, BECAUSE THEY WANTED BRYAN TO WIN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:28 pm

The difference is that it was Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Daniel Bryan was in the wwe for a year and CM Punk just got out of WWECW. While Roman Reigns was apart of a huge faction for two and half years. Put in big matches and main eventing PPVs with them. Like I said Reigns isn't ready, but 2008 Punk wasn't ready for his first world title in wwe and 2011 neither was Daniel Bryan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:39 pm

Yeah Roman Reigns is getting the focus put on him to become face of the company and a lot of guys got sabotage because of it. I get that. But When I am talking about people winning their first world titles. Reigns isn't ready for this, just like Punk and Bryan weren't ready for their first world titles.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:03 pm

I just love the argument that Vince tries to make when he says Cesaro isn't ready but Roman Reigns somehow is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:06 pm

It's because Vince thinks Cesaro doesnt "connect" with the crowd. If you give the guy a chance he will, it happened with the giant swing. Cesaro's got better mic ability than Reigns too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Cesaro should have been built up as a strong babyface since wm 30 and become a legit contender for possibly winning the rumble instead of the fucking shit they did with him. Bray Wyatt should have been built up better, Ryback, Ambrose are all guys who should have been legit contenders. Out of all three members of the shield Ambrose is the one who got fucked over.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Bull, it is different because:

A: There were two world titles and neither had to main event a PPV card.
B: Both were proven in the ring to carry such matches anyway with a far greater track record of working matches.
C: It's fucking Wrestlemania.

Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 FJBloTX
Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Bad News Bull wrote:
Ryback

Oh you mean the same guy who still cant wrestle worth a damn? NAH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:49 pm

I give you on your points, but they still had shitty reigns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Dead wrote:
Bad News Bull wrote:
Ryback

Oh you mean the same guy who still cant wrestle worth a damn? NAH

Just because he isn't jumping all over the goddamn place like the spot monkeys you love.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Lol it has nothing to do with being a spot monkey. Stop trying to use that argument everytime someone insults Ryback, for fucks sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:57 pm

because that is all you care about. Everyone has to be the same size and wrestle the same way, the indy spot monkey style. A guy like Ryback who fucking loves the business, who fought back from a career ending injury, and just because he is a muscle bound big guy, isn't doing fucking high spots he sucks as a wrestler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Bad News Bull wrote:
Everyone has to be the same size and wrestle the same way, the indy spot monkey style.
Daniel Bryan and CM Punk arent spot monkeys. Neither is Austin Aries. Neither is Kevin Steen or Prince Devitt. William Regal wasnt a spot monkey either. Bret Hart? Kurt Angle? Chris Jericho? All werent spot monkeys. All tremendous WRESTLERS. What i like is someone who can entertain the crowd by putting on great matches. Forgive me if im not high on some guy that wrestles the Goldberg style of matches that were reckless as shit and less than 5 minutes. Those are fucking boring and hardly ever entertain a crowd the way a 15 minute one would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 4:17 pm

And you believe everyone should work like them and be their size. Fucking having different in-ring styles uh? and you still believe a guy like John Cena can't wrestle, while Cena always fucking proves you wrong by having great matches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 4:21 pm

I never said they couldnt wrestle a different style, i said i want them to be good. I can think of a bunch of big dudes that could wrestle a decent style. Vader, Umaga are 2 that come to mind. Neither one were spot monkeys, they were monsters...yet they could put on a great match. I say Cena cant wrestle cause he needs someone to help compliment his style. He can have a match with Seth Rollins and it be amazing, but turn around and have a match with Batista and it stink the joint up. 

We're getting off topic now, back to shitting on Roman Reigns Trollface!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:40 pm

One thing that makes Roman's reign different than the Punk/Bryan ones that keep getting brought up (although I don't completely agree with the arguments presented there) is the scope. Roman's not just being built to a title reign, he's being built to a WrestleMania, career-defining moment that's supposed to groom him to lead the company for the foreseeable future. He's going to beat the monster that ended the streak in the main event of WrestleMania for the championship. This reign isn't supposed to be like Bryan and Punk's first reigns, Bryan and Punk were never meant to be stars in Vince's eyes. It's meant to be like Cena and Batista's first reigns (or how Orton's was supposed to be).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 7:01 pm

alright I can see that
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:16 pm

I have no problem wit Reigns winning the Rumble, but that finish was awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble    Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roman Reigns comments on The Royal Rumble

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next