HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What truly makes a good wrestler

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What truly makes a good wrestler Empty
PostSubject: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:46 pm

To you what makes someone a good wrestler? Is it about the flips and kicks? The high spots? The ability to draw? to cut a good promo? his in ring work? what to you makes a good wrestler?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Ring work is most important.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:27 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Ring work is most important.

I'd agree with that. I also don't think that there's one kind of in-ring style that's better than all the others, a good brawler is as good as a good high-flying guy is as good as a good technician.

Being good on the mic is fine, but really wrestling is about the wrestling.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

I'd say a good all-rounder. I tend to enjoy superstars more how can do a little bit of everything, such as a Shawn Michaels. I like to watch a storyline unfold, so a superstar needs to talk as well as perform in that ring.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Ring work comes first, but you have to be good on the mic before you can ever be considered great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:38 pm

I have to disagree. (go figure) But wrestling really isn't the most important thing about wrestling. It's about connecting with the crowds and the fans. Not saying the in ring work isn't important at all, it's very important. But if you just have that going for you, you truly won't make it far in wrestling. You need a interesting character, a interesting look, able to connect with the fans and able to tell a story. The in-ring work is like an action scene in a movie or an explosion. As awesome as it can be, if there is no build up or no story leading up to it, then what is the point? after all this is a fake sport. A form of theater
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:14 pm

You can connect with the fans by telling a good story in the ring.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Yeah That

But you can't do it if you're thrown in a bunny costume or made to look like a clown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:20 pm

YJ wrote:
but if you have no story leading into it then what does it matter? You have to have good build and story leading into the match which you can continue or finish the story in.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:23 pm

^Disagree. I watched Wrestle Kingdom without watching any of the build up, and still enjoyed all the matches. Matches can easily stand alone without any story and be as good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Alive wrote:
YJ wrote:
but if you have no story leading into it then what does it matter? You have to have good build and story leading into the match which you can continue or finish the story in.
Well I guess you need some funny story when you make your titles garbage I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:28 pm

true @MInk but not every match can be like that. You can have a few matches like that, but you still need story telling in the show, you still need people speaking. It can't be match, after match, after match and nothing meaningful comes out of that. It may work for something like PWG, but PWG and WWE are two completely different animals. 

In this era of the WWE, without a doubt there is no issue with in-ring work. But storylines and character development is seriously lacking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Alive wrote:
YJ wrote:
Well I guess you need some funny story when you make your titles garbage I aint bothered
when did I talk about funny stories?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Maybe it's the fact there's almost never a decisive finish on RAW. How could you care about who wins the match when the ending is bullshit?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Alive wrote:
MooseNugget wrote:
Alive wrote:
YJ wrote:
when did I talk about funny stories?
Just me being a jerk Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:37 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Maybe it's the fact there's almost never a decisive finish on RAW. How could you care about who wins the match when the ending is bullshit?
Are you trying to say that I said the way WWE currently books it storylines and characters are the way to go? Because I think I have made it clear in the past that I think WWE's current story telling is most of the time utter shit because they don't follow basic story telling elements
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Alive wrote:
MooseNugget wrote:
Are you trying to say that I said the way WWE currently books it storylines and characters are the way to go? Because I think I have made it clear in the past that I think WWE's current story telling is most of the time utter shit because they don't follow basic story telling elements
Yeah but I think you think things have to be overly complicated.

What was the story of the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 9? Okda wanted to get win back The IWGP Heavyweight Title from Tanahashi. We didn't need some side story BS that involved some girl or some company power struggle. No they didn't need to do that because the title matters to the people. And everyone was looking forward to the match because they knew it was going to be great. And this wasn't PWG or ROH. No this was Tokyo Dome with 36,000. The only event that draws a bigger crowd than that is WrestleMania.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:57 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Alive wrote:
MooseNugget wrote:
Yeah but I think you think things have to be overly complicated.

What was the story of the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 9? Okda wanted to get win back The IWGP Heavyweight Title from Tanahashi. We didn't need some side story BS that involved some girl or some company power struggle. No they didn't need to do that because the title matters to the people. And everyone was looking forward to the match because they knew it was going to be great. And this wasn't PWG or ROH. No this was Tokyo Dome with 36,000. The only event that draws a bigger crowd than that is WrestleMania.
I didn't say we needed over complicated story lines. WWE has too much of that and is usually makes no sense.

Look at storylines like Daniel Bryan vs the Authority. Basic wrestling story telling 101. Best storylines of 2013-2014. It wasn't complicated, but it didn't just relay on the in-ring work. It was a simple about a guy who wasn't meant to make it big making it big and the evil higher uppers trying to keep him down.

Would Daniel Bryan's big win at WM have meant anything if it didn't have that journey going into it?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:00 pm

Well didn't mean very much because the guy got injured and lost all his steam Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Well that wasn't his fault. That wasn't WWE's fault. Shit happens. Sucks that it happen. But you can't say that moment was just because of the wrestling. It was because of the journey, the story behind it.

Indy booking and Japan booking won't work in a company like the WWE. WWE just doesn't have the smarks watching their shit like indies and Japan. WWE has casual fanbase, whom may not like what an smark hardcore fan would like. you have to appeal to different types of fans in Main stream wrestling.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Alive wrote:
Indy booking and Japan booking won't work in a company like the WWE.
But it works for NXT? Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:12 pm

and who watches NXT? the smarks, the indy fans.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:18 pm

Alive wrote:
Well that wasn't his fault. That wasn't WWE's fault. Shit happens. Sucks that it happen. But you can't say that moment was just because of the wrestling. It was because of the journey, the story behind it.
Nobody really cares about journey. More often than not the "journey" could make a guy look like a loser. See Lex Luger in WWE in the early '90s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:22 pm

So you can honestly say if Daniel Bryan went on no fucking journey, won the fucking world title on Main event, that would work better?

jesus christ your logic will drive me to drinking again.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Well what was Hulk Hogan's journey to The WWE World Heavyweight Championship? Did Jack Tunney screw Hogan out of the title and make him look stupid and weak while doing? Not he won the title while he was hot.

What happen to Daniel Bryan? He won and lost the title in the same night. He couldn't win it back. He lost to the guy that lost to John Cena. Than he wins the title. Gets injured. Losses all his steam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What truly makes a good wrestler   What truly makes a good wrestler Empty

Back to top Go down

What truly makes a good wrestler

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next